Hi all - I need your input again.

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yup, when I got SOTL a couple weeks ago I was pissed cause it wasn't a Widescreen format. Fear not, they did release the Special Edition in Widescreen. Had to do some looking for it, but they made it.

Warner needs to get a grip on reality. We've had to replace a lot of their cases at work cause the button thing breaks. For a while we were just using the cases just like them where the movies had been stolen or sent back unreparable. Now we've been forced to start cutting the actual case up so that we can put the movie back on the shelf.

What studio execs need to start doing is checking this site out from time to time. I don't know how many forums out there have been responsible for Ultimate Editions and what not, but usually when a site somehow gives the idea for something like that other companies need to start checking things out. It would be a good idea on their part if they did that.

We as consumers, have ideas on what we want to buy, and they need to take notice since we are buying what they are putting out. I just wish they would release one version and be done with it, but NOoooooooooooo, we've got to have a regular version, special edition, criterion, ultimate edition. Make up your frickin minds people. You can only buy one movie so many times.

Anyway, I have spoken my piece and now must get ready for work. Laurie, the next time you have a meeting with execs, tell them to check this site out if they haven't already. We've got ideas that are worth money to them.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Laurie wrote, back in September:

In fact, I have a meeting with the Fox people at the end of this week in regards to the Simpsons, X-Files, Buffy,
MASH, and WKRP impending set releases.

WKRP? Really? I'm surprised, since when I asked Fox's Peter Staddon about that show in a Home Theater Forum chat in August, he replied: "WKRP would be a great release -- if only we could afford the music clearance rights!" After that I sort of took it for granted that all the music would make it too expensive for home video release ... but hey, I'll latch on to the above post and continue to hold out hope! :> (I'm assuming that if there is a WKRP release it'll be in 2003 for the show's 25th anniversary.)

Mr Laurie,

Where is the Back to the Future trilogy?

I want it.
I want it.
I want it.
I want it.... NOW

Back to the Future trilogy was in limbo the last I checked. Someone correct me on this, wasn't BTTF supposed to be released in a box set next year, but something happened so it's just out in the air now!?

Do you prefer Standard (Pan & Scan) or Letterbox/Widescreen DVDs?

Standard Standard Standard! My TV is only 27", and when I buy a widescreen DVD, the picture is so small, argh

The picture you're getting on your screen at home is the same picture you get in the theater. You're gaining more than you are losing anything.

It's a common misconception that Widescreen looses some of the picture. When in all reality, you're not losing anything, you're gaining the sides, and what you do lose is nothing important.

BTTF is in constant recycling, meaning that the studios keep finding more and more legal reasons to push back the release to build hype. The set has been done for ages now and look very good. The special features will be enough for all BTTF fans to rave about.

As far as WKRP goes, the discs have moved up the pre-pro ladder. All legal obstacles, thus far, have been dealt with. The next major project is a retro - documentary that the cast and crew will be working on. I've heard the first season set will be ready for an early 2003 release now. Specs and digital authoring should go through in about 4 months.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums