Shrek

Tools    

I'm anxious to get the Shrek dvd, but i'm a little curious about one thing: Why is it being released on a friday rather than on a tuesday? Is it to take some of the spotlight off Monsters Inc?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Maybe, but maybe more for the fact that a majority of the nation gets paid going into the weekend. So maybe their wanting to take some part of that. Who knows, but it's got some great features on it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hey all,
Got Shrek last night, and it's a very entertaining two-disc edition. It has games, games for kids, the movie in both widescreen and full frame, and a lot of other things. You'll see my review on the new site when it is up and running.

FYI - Shrek is technically the first release of the fourth quarter rush since it's released on Friday as opposed to the last Tuesday in October. All this means better returns for the studio and a greater marketing push for the holidays.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Got this DVD a couple of days ago...good stuff! A lot of the features are, well, stupid...but a few of them are fun, and the DVD overall is great. I dug the trivia...but what was up with that odd supposed "creaking" the doors made in the "Rescue the Princess" game? I dunno, a lot of the cuts in that were really, really rough. The other features made up for it, though...and, of course, it's a great movie to begin with...the kind that really lends itself well to DVD, too.

YUP YUP...

Getting off subject for a minute to talk about another Green character out this fall, The Grinch, make sure you're getting the right version. Universal released this in Full Frame and Widescreen, just a little FYI.