Movie where kid enters a parallel universe

Tools    

A movie i watched somewhere in 2011 , a kid entered a door and he was taken to a different parallel universe where he was captured by some kids his age that lived in a jungle in a small castle thing , they later became his friends and the real enemies were the government who caught those kids and put them in a machine and turned them into grown men to fight for the government . ( sort of like in the avengers where captain America was transformed into a muscular man only they were transformed into grown men from children ) The government also had an arena where they put enemies there like the children , and they had to fight this huge metal circle ball robot with tentacles . Later in the movie the protagonist ( the kid ) finds the control room of the robot and destroys their city . In the end he returns to the real world and cries because nobody believes him what happened .

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Just a huge hail mary but I thought I would throw it out there..... maybe Spirited Away 2001 , I don't think you ever said if it was animated or not so this is just a long shot.