moderators?

Tools    

Originally Posted by gummo
No one answered my question so I will ask again..
The most common reason for banning is spam. The second most common is going off on other members...someone who gets into an argument and starts lashing out, swearing, insulting, and getting in the way of any actual discussions going on. I suppose the third would be multiple identities, though it's usually okay for someone to register another name as part of a gag or something.

If you're having a problem with someone on the boards, I recommend emailing or PMing them and simply working it out, same as you might if you had a problem with someone offline. If they're being completely unreasonable, though, send me or one of the moderators an email/PM and we'll intervene, if appropriate.

Originally Posted by OG-
Ya know...I don't remember how I became a moderator. I was here from pretty much the begining and I think it grew to the point where Chris needed to add moderators and he asked me if I wanted to be one. Then I went inactive for a fairly long time but still had my mod powers when I got back. I've only used it a couple times and thats just to move spam threads or thread duplicates.
Aside from the Chris asking you part, this is one of the best superhero origins stories I've heard in a long time. If he hadn't asked you, but in fact accidentally ingested a radioactive substance and later bit you on the leg for no particular reason, then it would be perfect.

I can see the cover of the comic: Chris, evilly looking evil and radioactive and drooly, gnawing on the leg of OG, who is bursting out of his T-shirt with over-drawn, sinewy muscles and has a somewhat surprised look on his face and an appropriately superheroic-looking laptop in his hand, while a shadowy Django-like figure lurks ridiculously in the background, scribbling idiocies... and arching across the top of the page, these words:

THE MODERATOR

Christ, I can almost smell the money I... I mean, we could make off this thing...

Originally Posted by Yoda
The most common reason for banning is spam. The second most common is going off on other members...someone who gets into an argument and starts lashing out, swearing, insulting, and getting in the way of any actual discussions going on. I suppose the third would be multiple identities, though it's usually okay for someone to register another name as part of a gag or something.

If you're having a problem with someone on the boards, I recommend emailing or PMing them and simply working it out, same as you might if you had a problem with someone offline. If they're being completely unreasonable, though, send me or one of the moderators an email/PM and we'll intervene, if appropriate.
what's wrong with having multiple identities??

if it's that bad, then may i ask that you ban/unregister my alter-ego, "Michael_myers |>"

multiple id's can get confusing and sometime intimidating, although most of would like an alter ego, sometimne its best that its played out with one user...

I used to have 9 different id's at one forum...

...and thats how i got booted

Sorry for smilling at someone elses expense...

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Do MI's take up bandwith? I'm thinking yes???

Any visit to any page on this site takes up bandwidth. If you mean disk space, however, yes, they do, though the amount of disk space taken up per username is utterly miniscule, as it's all text-based. Most of the data in the database comes from the posts, file attachments, and avatars.

Ha. Pit of wit. It almost sounds like an insult.

In that spirit: Mary, you're a big fat lump of cool.
Maybe she'll meet me in the jello wrestling thread now.

Hey, I watched Empire Strikes back today on the new DVD. Your Av reminded me.

Any visit to any page on this site takes up bandwidth. If you mean disk space, however, yes, they do, though the amount of disk space taken up per username is utterly miniscule, as it's all text-based. Most of the data in the database comes from the posts, file attachments, and avatars.
HMMM. I thought that that all took up lots of disk space!

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
Mary

You're a bottomless pit of wit.
Or something that rhymes with "wit."

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
Or something that rhymes with "wit."

Twit?

Bring back Harley, please. I want to kill that effing rabbit.

??????????????????

Perhaps i don't want to know