The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women Countdown: Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I already decided to make it only one list for films for films that were solely directed by women.
That's a spammer. They've copy and pasted donniedarko's post:

I'd love to participate in this, but not with with two list obscurity. I say leave it to the voters discretion

Welcome to the human race...
What is going on with this one? Is there another thread that I've missed?
It was meant to close last month but I forgot to remind everyone to send in their lists and I haven't finished tallying the votes so the deadline has been postponed indefinitely (at least until I finish counting up all the votes I receive).

It was meant to close last month but I forgot to remind everyone to send in their lists and I haven't finished tallying the votes so the deadline has been postponed indefinitely (at least until I finish counting up all the votes I receive).
Ah right, no worries. I'll keep an eye out.

Could you send me the lists and i'll count them?

Just think Citizen is waiting in the wings to do the 30's one and it would be cool if he got some sort of hint at what's going on.

Thanks a lot for doing this Iro i've never (won't) hosted one myself which is why i'm offering to do the counting part if you can't be bothered.

Finally getting started on the tallying. Not sure how long it's going to take, but if you still haven't voted then you'd better hurry because once I've tallied every vote I receive I won't accept any more.

Finally getting started on the tallying. Not sure how long it's going to take, but if you still haven't voted then you'd better hurry because once I've tallied every vote I receive I won't accept any more.
Any updates on when the tallying will be complete?

I've left instructions about my list in my last will and testament .... just in case

Can this get started in time to finish before the 30's countdown begins? We've already had members who were participating in this leave the forum. Let's not have any more.

At this rate, I might as well quit once it's done.
What does that mean? For other countdowns there would be a running tally of who sent in lists on the first page, but this seems to be some sort of super secret endeavor. If you're too busy, someone else can take over with totaling, presentation, or both. If you're not too busy, we should have a fixed start date.

Ya maybe you should pass on the torch Iro. i don't even care about this list, but if I did I would be pretty frustrated had I spent time watching movies directed by women, to put together a list I'm proud of, just for the whole project to be abandoned.

how many lists did you receive?
I think about 20, give or take. Have tallied 11 so far.

What does that mean? For other countdowns there would be a running tally of who sent in lists on the first page, but this seems to be some sort of super secret endeavor. If you're too busy, someone else can take over with totaling, presentation, or both. If you're not too busy, we should have a fixed start date.
Quit the forum, obviously. It had not even occurred to me to list everyone who had submitted already since, as noted, most of the lists were submitted in a short space of time owing to the deadline - and what difference would it make, anyway? I sent a reminder around to everybody of note on this forum and then some and I'm still waiting on lists from the likes of Holden Pike or UsualSuspect. Too many people thought it was a bad idea and never cared in the first place, so I don't think showing them who did vote is going to make 'em give a sh*t in a hurry. You want a fixed date, let's give it one week. Anyone who still hasn't sent me a list can do so by then but I'll cut it off after that. As for asking anyone to take over, screw that, everyone else had their chance to volunteer.

Ya maybe you should pass on the torch Iro. i don't even care about this list, but if I did I would be pretty frustrated had I spent time watching movies directed by women, to put together a list I'm proud of, just for the whole project to be abandoned.
What-thef*ck-ever, you lost me at "I don't even care about this list".