What I like most about the movie is the photography - it creates a palpable sense of the cold, foggy, and wet Alaskan summer, and turns the 24-hour daylight into a kind of living hell for Dormer. I like how the movie is more concerned with the atmosphere than it is with the plot itself - it's nice to see. It's very, very impressive.
The landscape was used very well – it reminded me a lot of many Scandinavian thrillers I've seen over the years, despite my not having seen the original Insomnia, which I will try to.

I like Al Pacino and all but this movie was a little to slow and the way they filmed it made me want to sleep. I don't think seeing it late on sunday night after a long weekend helped either but none the less, it was only an OK movie.
It is sleep-inducing – not in a negative sense – but I found it slightly draining in a way that crept up on me.

Robin Williams is a GOD in it. I love him i love him! Al Pacino wasnt too shabby either, and Hilary Swank was FAR form shabby
Yes, I'd have to put my cards on the table, I was admiring her throughout . Her role's good as well because it evolves as the story goes on.

I thought Robin Williams was very good but I think his performance in One Hour Photo is even better.