Lola's Reviews.

→ in
Tools    

Hey first off I'll do Clockwork Orange, it's the last one I saw.

******Warning Spoilers******

The Plot: Alex and his gang of "brothers" go around raping and and beating on people. But after a while, they get tired of Alex being the lead. So they set him up for murder. He get's arrested and is sentenced 14 years at jail. After only two years though, he is chosen for an experimental treatment that is garanteened to "cure" him. So after two weeks of that, he is released back into society. But is he cured or not?

Things I liked about it: Malcolm McDowell was wonderful as Alex, and the narrator. Alex is all in all a great character, he makes you feel bad for him even when you know everything he's done to people. I also love his obsession with Ludwig Van Beehtoven.

Things I didn't like: The rape scenes did get a little harsh. I don't think it would've worked to not have them though, so they had to be there.

Other Thoughts: Malcolm McDowell was the perfect choice for the actor of Alex, he has a beautiful voice, which was needed for the movie. Not everybody is going to like this movie, mainly because of the rape scenes, but there is some other weird stuff that happens, but I can't go into that without spoiling it. I'd recomend this movie to you, if you've liked other cult classics in the past. I think this is Stanley Kubrick's best.

I gave it 8.5 stars.

>This is my first review, it's crap. But feedback please!<

How do I get the important! thing on the title?

Originally Posted by Lola
How do I get the important! thing on the title?
you must be one of the modfathers to sticky something.

Uhhh. . . alrighty then. So what'd you think of the review?

Originally Posted by Lola
Uhhh. . . alrighty then. So what'd you think of the review?
Good job! Just keep building up your work and I'm sure someone will come along and sticky you.

Not bad for a first review… you need to add spoiler tags in places though for those who haven’t seen the movie…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yeah, I tried not to spoil it too much. I guess I just forgot about the tags. Woops. lol

I know it's been done and done. But here's my review.
******Warning Spoilers******

The plot: The movie is based on the Spartan/Trojan war in Ancient Greece. In the movie, Achilles is one of the greatest warriors that Greece has seen, but he doesn't obey the king, he fights for himself. So anyway, Paris, a Trojan prince takes Helen of Sparta home to troy with him, she was the King's wife. And from this, a war erupts.

Likes: The way that they included the Achille's heel legend, they did it very subtly, so people that didn't know the story wouldn't notice. Brad Pitt played Achilles really well, the movie totally showed the emotional side of war. The fight scenes almost looked sped up, but it worked for the over all feel of the movie.

Dislikes: The movie can get really cheesey in some parts. The only thing that I hated about this movie though, was the fact that Orlando Bloom plays Paris. He suits the role though because Paris is a cowering stupid brat. The blood looked real from far away, but on the close ups, it looked really fake.

Other thoughts: I think the main reason that this movie didn't get a 10 is because some of the scenes were quite cheesey. The other reason is just because Orlando Bloom is in this. But all in all I think that Wolfgang Petersen did it wonderfully.

I give it 9 stars

Thanks for your reviews, CLOCKWORK ORANGE is one of my favourite movies, I also thought that Malcolm McDowell was a great choice.

Have you seen him in O LUCKY MAN? I also liked him in this interesting movie.

A system of cells interlinked
Maybe list the title of the film you did 2nd

Good work otherwise!

_S