Jurassic World

Tools    

Uh, soooooo you were saying about Antman bouncingbrick? ;P
The devils in the details. If you didn't read my details, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I want to make a mention of the subtle things this film did right that a lot of critics are accusing it of doing wrong.

All the characters in the original JP are simple, and their costumes stand out from one another. They kind of wear clothes that not a lotof ppeople would wear. The same can be said about JW. Its not that the characters are dumb, or cliche. They're simple and memorable. I honestly see Owen Grady as becoming a classic film action hero, with his memorable blue outfit and leather vest.

The film also chooses to replicate shots from the original instead of shoving obvious references in our faces. It handles nostalgia very well.

I don't think this is a dumb blockbuster at all. Its a simple one. Which is what will ultimately make it memorable.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Plot: Located off the coast of Costa Rica, the Jurassic World luxury resort provides a habitat for an array of genetically engineered dinosaurs, including the vicious and intelligent Indominus rex. When the massive creature escapes, it sets off a chain reaction that causes the other dinos to run amok. Now, it's up to a former military man and animal expert (Chris Pratt) to use his special skills to save two young brothers and the rest of the tourists from an all-out, prehistoric assault.
Directed by: Colin Trevorrow
Studio: Universal Pictures
Screnwriters: Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Derek Connolly, Colin Trevorrow
Starring: Bryce Dallas Howard, Judy Greer, Chris Pratt, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson, Irrfan Khan, Vincent D'Onofrio, BD Wong, Omar Sy, Katie McGrath, Lauren Lapkus, Andy Buckley

My Review

I planned on seeing an early showing of Jurassic World. but it was sold out. So my theater was very kind to reimburse me for the next available showing. I quickly got a small buttered popcorn and small soda and headed towards the screening area. Going in, customers from the previous screening were raving with excitement about how much they enjoyed the film. So that basically added onto the positivity quotient that I had already entering the theater.

I sat down and not too long after the previews began. I usually look forward to seeing the trailers, but this time nothing truly exciting played beforehand except for previews for Ted 2, Minions and Everest. Then finally......the major attraction began.

From the very first opening sequence, my eyes were glued to the screen. Packed with non-stop thrills, chills, suspense and just the right amount of comic relief, Jurassic World is the the perfect summer movie getaway. As a fan of the original Jurassic Park, this has without a doubt brought back a great amount of cinematic nostalgia. Taken place exactly 22 years later, on the same exact island as the original park, Jurassic World not only resurfaces old settings seen in the original first film but it also genuinely recreates scenes in a cleverly and respectful manner.

There are numerous easter eggs and references to the original Jurassic Park in this movie. So keep your eyes open and look carefully.

22 years ago a movie about a theme park with genetically enhanced dinosaurs come to life was something to be astonished by. A classic film in it's own right. CGI was in its heyday and to see dinosaurs come to life on the big screen was pure eye candy and done in a way nobody has ever seen before. But with over two decades gone by, time has passed and this is now.

Jurassic World has most definitely surpassed Jurassic Park in more ways than one. Expanding the world of dinosaurs, it's environment, the suspense, and most of all the pure adrenaline level and extreme intensity that only this kind of film can deliver. Jurassic World has certainly made its mark in film history. It well deserves all the money it has made so far, and will make in the weeks ahead.

Jurassic World could have simply been a sequel to 1993's Jurassic Park. The setting fits, and the continuity within matches and combines perfectly. The sequels Jurassic Park: The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 easily can not exist and everything would still make sense.

Chris Pratt was perfectly cast as Owen Grady, and glad to hear he's been signed on for two more sequels. I'm anxious to find out where the story goes from here. Only curiousity from the fandom universe is what we have for now.

By the way, the climatic final scene is just friggin epic!!!

I strongly recommend this movie. And will most definitely purchase the blu-ray on day one.

My rating:

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I also rated it a

Its interesting that you think it would work as a direct sequel. I thought it felt more like a reboot of the first movie.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I also rated it a

Its interesting that you think it would work as a direct sequel. I thought it felt more like a reboot of the first movie.
The film was set two decades later after the events of the film. It was noted for two years by Colin Trevorrow that this was no reboot. This was by far no reboot, but I am glad you liked it as well.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The film was set two decades later after the events of the film. It was noted for two years by Colin Trevorrow that this was no reboot. This was by far no reboot, but I am glad you liked it as well.
I know that its been stated its not a reboot but it certainly felt like one. To many things felt the same.

Too many things felt the same.
That's one thing I liked about it, the nostalgia factor. And the recollection of the original Jurassic Park. I can see having dinosaurs on screen would make you feel that way.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
That's one thing I liked about it, the nostalgia factor. And the recollection of the original Jurassic Park. I can see having dinosaurs on screen would make you feel that way.
Check out my review. Ive noted a few examples.

I don't see how your post makes any sense unless you're trying to correct him.
I was just stating a fact about the movie not being a reboot. Replying to Optimus' post. Wasn't trying to correct anyone or have an argument, wasn't misunderstanding anyone or whatever.

Did you see Jurassic World?

I was just stating a fact about the movie not being a reboot. Replying to Optimus' post. Wasn't trying to correct anyone or have an argument, wasn't misunderstanding anyone or whatever.
Saying "I was just" in front of describing what happened doesn't cause it to make sense. He said it felt like a reboot, and you told him definitely it wasn't...then repeated it in the very next sentence. The mere act of saying it implies you think he doesn't know.

Did you see Jurassic World?
Nope.