The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Couldn't agree with this any more, it's just all of the drama he attracts and tries to create . Also Rogers multiple disguises and personalities, could be compared with SC's love of making threads out of practically anything, and him er..... knowing all of those personalities ; like Psychic Isaac, Database Errol, Dorothy Michaels, etc. No doubt it's a compliment, imo at least Roger is the best character in any of Seths shows.

Only seen one of the early seasons of King of the Hill, that i had from a friend, i really need to watch more when i get the chance because i do remember liking it. Never seen or heard of The Colbert Report.
This reminds me of myself -- Roger's the voice on the answering machine:

That's 70s Show, Family Guy, and The Colbert Report are all decent comedies

Exterminate all rational thought.
Glad I checked in today, I had completely forgotten about this and an unfortunate death in my family has kept me away from the computer a lot lately.

That said, Colbert is the first from my list and I was the #6 vote. I have never missed an episode of his show and I think it is the funniest thing on television right now. I am so sad that it is almost over, but I hope he is incredibly successful as Letterman's replacement. Also really glad that his ice cream will still be around unlike Fallon's when he moved on!

Unfortunately I didn't submit a list, been terribly busy the past few weeks and forgot about the deadline.

My thoughts so far:

Only Fools and Horses... would have definitely been on my list in quite a high spot. One of my favourite British comedies. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I find it hilarious and have watched the majority of episodes quite a few times now.

Columbo... very good crime show, I used to like watching these when I was younger and just watched an episode now actually. Probably prefer Poirot to it though, which should show up higher.

Family Guy... pretty good, not sure it would have made my list, but I do find it quite funny and don't understand the hatred either. Sure, it's silly sometimes, but that's its style and it wouldn't be the same show without it.

Dragon Ball Z... used to love this when I was younger. Watched it every day before I went to school, and enjoyed the game of it as well. If it had been on my list, it would have been at the bottom down to nostalgia.

Pokémon... another series I used to enjoy when I was younger. Didn't watch many past the first few seasons, but surprised this only got 1 point and no one else included it at least for their love of the games which were fantastic.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation... again surprised this is just one point, not watched a lot, but quite an enjoyable 'easy watch' that I'll put on if I'm bored and there's nothing else on.

On the Air... I watched like one or two episodes of this as JJ was recommending it (I think it was him), pretty odd even for Lynch, although interesting to see a lot of the Twin Peaks characters. I might watch it all one day, not sure.

I doubt if any of the shows I picked made the list... but hey Im ok with that... I like to be original....

...King of the Hill is basically the opposite of animated shows like Family Guy (which I loathe). In many ways, King of the Hill doesn't even feel like an animated show. In fact, with just a few exceptions, most episodes would work just as well as a live-action sitcom. I think that's part of the show's brilliance. The humor in King of the Hill is subtle and often delivered in the form of dialogue rather than some ridiculous gag that bashes you repeatedly over the head (like Family Guy). Even though I've never been to Texas, the characters on the show remind me very much of people I know, especially some of my uncles and cousins. They're simple people. Standing on the lawn with a cold beer while discussing sports and the propane business with neighbors is its own form of luxury. I love the show's simplicity, its good-natured charm, the down-to-earth quality of its characters and their traditional American values. Unlike Family Guy, the humor isn't crude or mean-spirited. You laugh with the characters, not at them.
Captain Spaulding post doubles for my own thoughts and he said it better than I could of too!

I really like King of the Hill for all the reason he stated above^

Those girls would never say no. Because of the implication.
I know. All five of them.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Just catching up a bit, no more from my list but a few that I like. I don't think That 70s Show is anything great but I always enjoyed watching. Was just a nice silly, easy watch. It had some fun characters, a couple of great performances from the parents (Debra Jo Rupp and Kurtwood Smith) and a couple of good-looking girls (Laura Prepon and Mila Kunis). I don't really require much more to enjoy a show. Had no idea about That 80s Show though. Just looking at the promo photo though makes it seem dreadful

As for Family Guy I am most certainly in the hate camp. Cannot stand that show, though admittedly most of the hate is likely a reaction to the love it gets from so many others. I'm honestly struggling to think of many other shows that have become so big that I think are worse than Family Guy. It has got to be about the laziest written show I've ever seen. From what I've seen they have stupid and pointless plots with no jokes actually derived from them. All their jokes come from either flashbacks to past, supposedly hilarious skits or from a baby saying something evil. And that's it. I remember the first time I watched an episode for the first 5 minutes I thought that it was good; really quite funny. Then I realised that was all they had. They just repeated the same tricks over and over again. The only upside for me is that it appeared so low, was sure it would be higher.

And it's especially nice to see King of the Hill finish above it. As for The Colbert Report I absolutely loved it when it was on UK TV a few years back (and his Christmas special has become a bit of a holiday tradition for me) but when it stopped airing I kind of lost track of it. Not watched an episode in a good year or two.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
80. The Golden Girls (1985 - 1992)

Theme Song

Quote: My mother always used to say: "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." ~ Rose

Four senior women live together in Miami Florida. Two of them are mother and daughter and each woman has a very distinct personality.

The show was very successful and ran for seven seasons. It's one of the only sitcoms in history where every main cast member won an Emmy. There have been two others.

Unfortunately, Betty White is the only one of the four still alive. At age 92 is still working and is a main cast member on Hot in Cleveland.

Disappearing cast member moment: In the pilot the women had a gay cook named Coco, but he was never seen or heard from again.

Spin-offs: Empty Nest which had it's own spin-off Nurses. Golden Palace was a spin-off that included all the women except Bea Arthur. It only lasted one season.

Legacy: Before there was Sex in the City there was The Golden Girls and you were either a Sophia, Rose, Dorothy or a Blanche. To this day it is wildly popular and was in many ways a ground breaking series.

Placements: 1 1st, 1 8th, 1 14th

79. Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005 - 2008)

Theme Song

Quote: Water... Earth... Fire... Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world. ~ Katara

Animated series where some people are able to telekinetically "bend" the classical elements.

It was a highly successful show praised by both critics and fans.

Famous voice actor: Daniel Dae Kim was the voice of General Fong for one episode.

The Last Airbender Movie: a movie was made based on the show but was considered a complete failure. It's been blamed on the fact that no one except Shymalan knew anything about the show.

Placements: 1 1st, 1 8th, 1 23rd, 1 16th

My daughter is a huge "Avatar: The Last Airbender" fan.... I have watched some of it with her.... its a pretty good show.. she is currently watching "the Legend of Korra", which is the sequel.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was #7 on my list. I feel like not enough people give it a chance because it's a Nickelodeon cartoon. But it's really intelligent and entertaining and well-told. I actually think if done right, a movie trilogy could be (or could have been) a great epic trilogy like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Anyway, It's one of my favorite shows and has one of the best series finales ever.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
79. Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005 - 2008)

"The Golden Girls" didn't make my list, but it's a geat show, and I'm glad to see it made the MoFo list.

I've never seen "Avatar: The Last Airbender".

the golden girls is pretty amusing and maybe slightly above average sitcom. not a favorite of mine, however.

i haven't seen avatar in years, but at the time i thought it was kind of dumb, but i think i approached it more as an average nickelodeon cartoon so it's probably better than i gave it credit for.

I was literally just thinking to myself an hour ago -- "Gee, I wonder if The Golden Girls stands a chance now at making the list. It's starting to get up there... I don't know who else might have voted for it." Funny how it just showed up.

Probably to nobody's surprise, it was #1 on my list.

I have seen the show more times than I've seen any other show in my life. I once sat with a group of people taking a massive Golden Girls test -- someone bought this huge Golden Girls quiz book -- it was, like, 500 questions. We all played it like a competition and I won -- I only missed two questions. And I did it all while high as a kite on marijuana, too.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dorothy.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	18139  

I've seen several episodes of The Golden Girls over the years and it just never really appealed to me.
Duh. It's got four women in it.

The Golden Girls is only the 2nd TV show from this list that I've seen, besides MNF. I saw a few episodes and thought it was a pretty decent show.

Never heard of the Avatar show.

Never seen Colbert (Hun will prob tell me it was on TV here now )
You're right, it has been. Only on Satellite, though. I think it was FX, but it coudl've been Comedy Central. I don't know if I've seen any of it or not.

King Of The Hill is a programme I've always quite liked, but never gotten into. I think I saw the first season when it was shown over here because it was the same guy who'd made Beavis & Butthead. But it's the late night/early morning repeats that've appealled to me the most. No idea what season they were from, but at 4am, it's quite nice to have something like that on.

The Golden GIrls is on TLC for those who can get it in the UK, I watch it sometimes but I remember when it was on Channel 4 all those years ago and that's when I really know it from. Always liked it and used to watch it every week, but it's not anything I've ever loved.