9. Dirty Harry
12.The Warriors
14. Dawn of the Dead
18.The Omen
19.Deliverance
20.The Deer Hunter
24.Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Seen 43/67

Dirty Harry is a very good cop movie, not a masterpiece by any means, but a very fun film.

As for Blazing Saddles I've not seen it :S, because I wasn't a big fan of Young Frankenstein.

A system of cells interlinked
I like all four of the most recent films to hit the list, but none of them were on my list!

Dirty Harry, didn't vote for it, but great choice. Has there ever been a more archetype, anti-hero than 'Dirty' Harry Callahan? He's akin to a classic Greek mythological hero, dispensing his own kind of justice from a barrel of a Magnum .44

Clint Eastwood's tour de force is perfectly counter balanced by a brilliant performance from 'Scorpio Killer', Andrew Robinson. As fate would have it, Andrew Robinson got another chance to show his acting chops, in Star Trek Deep Space Nine as Elim Garak.

Two powerful performances, with a gritty script and a catchy tag line, what else do you need to make your day?

Two powerful performances, with a gritty script and a catchy tag line, what else do you need to make your day?
"Go ahead...make my day" is from Sudden Impact, the fourth Callahan picture (and the only one of the five that Eastwood directed), but yes.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I'm hoping Clint Eastwood does one last Dirty Harry movie where he commands the streets with an empty chair rather than a .357 Magnum.

YES. Great to see Dirty Harry, which I believe was my number-one. Still think it should be higher but there you go.

Never seen Blazing Saddles.

And here I thought Blazing Saddles might be in the Top 10.
Surely, even in Lala Land Blazing Saddles wouldn't have been top 10? Not of the 70's.

Dirty Harry -- I've never seen it. Want to. Probably better than The Warriors.
Dirty Harry is great. Not as great as The Warriors, or even close, but it's great nonetheless. You might like it.

Two strange placing IMO. Dirty Harry's a lot higher up than I'd expected it to be. I thought it'd missed the boat by now.

Blazing Saddles is far too high, naturally as it's crap, but actually lower than I thought it'd be. I thought top 20 was probable. Top 30 a certainty. But it appears not... Thankfully. I don't know, Blazing Saddles this low, The Warriors this high? There might be hope for some of you yet.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Dirty Harry was 12 on my list. I have a massive collection of Eastwood films. He is one of my favorite actor/directors of all time. I also enjoy blazing saddles, but it wasn't on my list.

I watched Blazing Saddles when i was a kid but don't remember much of it, i think it deserves a rewatch because i really enjoyed Young Frankenstein when i watched it last year.

Dirty Harry is a very good movie which would have made my top 35-40. This would probably rank in my top 5 or so Eastwood performances and the guy who played Scorpio was excellent too. Would anyone who's seen the full series suggest any of the other Dirty Harry films? Or do they not really compare to the first one?

Seen 41/68

Dirty Harry is good fun but a bit too silly for me to have considered it for my list. I think I turned Blazing Saddles off halfway through a few years ago. Don't remember much about it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
None of the Dirty Harry movies are bad, so if you like the character and locale, you should check them all out.

It's a shame The Texas Chain Saw Massacre didn't show up today because August 18th is the day the movie takes place on.

I was hoping that, after Carrie and Dawn of the Dead, it might actually be appearing today, which would have been so fitting. But... nope! But that's okay, it can be higher.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	fbheader2.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	16740  

From my list I guess the 3 animated films I nominated will not make it. The other 22 films will make it, most of them will be in the top 20. In fact, my list is the top 20 plus some foreign films. That shows how little 1970's movies I watched in a sense.

Now this a really cool set. Two very quotable, smart, and fun films. Dirty Harry snuck into my list at #22. Blazing Saddles is a memorable raunchy MEL brooks film, but I haven't gotten back to it much, so it got cut off my list. I do have two other films of his on my list, though.