5. The Thing (1982)
6. Videodrome (1983)
7. Rosemary's Baby (1968)
8. Sombre (1998)
9. Alien (1979)
10. Vampyr (1932)
11. Carnival of Souls (1962)
12. Repulsion (1965)
13. Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages (1922)
14. A Page of Madness (1926)
15. Funny Games (1997)
16. Peeping Tom (1960)
17. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
18. Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)
19. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
20. The Haunting (1963)
21. The Exorcist (1973)
22. Suspiria (1977)
23. Possession (1981)
24. Hour of the Wolf (1968)
25. Manden der tænkte ting (1969)

He's not the only one, @pahaK had a memorable and unique horror list, I thought.

I've got a PDF of everything voted for, there's probably not a way to attach that here at least as I know of

A well-deserved salute to our horror host, @Nostromo87. Your infectious enthusiasm and passion for the genre really showed through in your presentation. Thank you for undertaking such an arduous and time-consuming task just to provide a bunch of movie-loving weirdos with something to look forward to every day. The research, the presentation, the fun . . . you brought it all.

A to everyone else who contributed along the way as well, whether as a guest presenter or by sharing personal stories on their connections with the films. That sense of community is what makes these countdowns so enjoyable.

With the exception of the Top 20 or so, this MoFo Horror Remake proved very unpredictable, for better and for worse. I still hate the recency bias that marred the bottom half of the list. Maybe those films will age better than I think, but I suspect that future MoFo's will be scratching their heads in puzzlement at the inclusion of stuff like The Conjuring 2 and The House that Jack Built. There were quite a few shocking omissions. I'm most surprised by the absence of Frankenstein (1931), which I always thought was the most beloved Universal Horror, but at least his Bride made the list. I'm most disappointed by Black Christmas not cracking the countdown. I hyped it up on Christmas Day, but apparently everybody was too busy sifting through the coal in their stockings to appreciate one of the best slashers ever made. (And having recently revisited John Carpenter's Halloween, I'll argue forever that Black Christmas is superior in every aspect but the score.)

On the flipside, this countdown also featured quite a few pleasant surprises. Getting Cannibal Holocaust and The Devil's Rejects on the countdown felt like a personal victory. Their inclusion, along with other nasty fare like The Last House on the Left, Martyrs and Angst, shows that the MoFo collective has grown a bit sicker and more twisted in the years since the original horror list, and I'm happy to think that I've contributed to the moral degradation of the community. The rankings toward the top might seem predictable, but I think they better reflect the general consensus than the previous list. The Shining was always the odds-on favorite. It's not a film that I love, but I do highly respect and admire it, and it's probably only my love and connection to the book that keeps me from fully embracing Kubrick's stay at the Overlook Hotel.

Captain Spaulding's Horror Ballot

#1) Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

#2) The Devil's Rejects (2005)

#3) The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

#4) Peeping Tom (1960)

#5) Spider Baby (1967)

#6) Psycho (1960)

#7) Alien (1979)

#8) Rosemary's Baby (1968)

#9) Repulsion (1965)

#10) Eraserhead (1977)

#11) Black Christmas (1974)

#12) The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

#13) 28 Days Later (2002)

#14) The Blair Witch Project (1999)

#15) Night of the Living Dead (1968)

#16) Nosferatu (1922)

#17) Suspiria (1977)

#18) Poltergeist (1982)

#19) Shaun of the Dead (2004)

#20) The Last House on the Left (1972)

#21) The Thing (1982)

#22) Motel Hell (1980)

#23) The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

#24) The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)

#25) Dead Heat (1988)

Spaulding siting with exploitation bonus fun rage, headache's over

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boys.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	54298  

A system of cells interlinked
Apologies in advance if I have the wrong year/version of some of these films. Just lemme know and I'll fix it!

Movie Forums: Top 100 Horror Films (2019)
Last House on the left lists the 2009 version. Should be 1972.

Apologies in advance if I have the wrong year/version of some of these films. Just lemme know and I'll fix it!

Movie Forums: Top 100 Horror Films (2019)
Last House on the Left is listed as the remake instead of the original.

Invasion of the Body Snatches have both versions on the list but appears twice as the 50s version

Maybe those films will age better than I think, but I suspect that future MoFo's will be scratching their heads in puzzlement at the inclusion of stuff like The Conjuring 2 and The House that Jack Built.
People who have a problem with the latter can suck my ass and try to fight me.

Friday the 13th Part III is the real problem. If we're gonna put crap horror on this list, there's no exuse as to why it shouldn't be Troll 2.

It'd be nice if people could behave like adults and not whine about the list. Nobody's going to agree 100% with everything on there, but it turned out to be a good list, not to mention a fun countdown.