Spiral - Chris Rock's Saw Film

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
You read that right. Chris Rock pitched a new installment of the Saw franchise to Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures. Rock's idea is a reimagining of the original film and they are fast-tracking it as the writers of the last installment Jigsaw will write the script based on Rock's story. Rock is also serving as executive producer with original Saw creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell. Darren Lynn Bousman will be directing the new film, which has a release date of October 23, 2020.

Full story at Deadline

A reimagining of the original film eh?.....from Chris Rock's point of view......I suppose give it a shot but I don't see this working

I am still shocked but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Anybody have any thoughts on why this was greenlit? O wait. Cuz the last time Rock was relevant was when the original Saw movies came out. Yeah I said it. Come at me bro

Rock was great, but he's a legacy act. He himself has pretty much said it.

So, is he writing, producing, and starring in this new installment?

Chris Rock is a comedian, so it would be interesting to see what his vision for the SAW horror movies is. And it sure looks like he's trying hard to emulate Jordan Peele.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
So, is he writing, producing, and starring in this new installment?.

He is only producing and came up with the idea of the story, with the writers of the last Saw film (Jigsaw) writing the script. There is no casting yet. Hey if Jordan Peele and Danny McBride bring success with their horror takes, seeing Rock involved Saw picks my curiosity.

This would be totally fun

You read that right. Chris Rock pitched a new installment of the Saw franchise to Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures. Rock's idea is a reimagining of the original film and they are fast-tracking it as the writers of the last installment Jigsaw will write the script based on Rock's story. Rock is also serving as executive producer with original Saw creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell. Darren Lynn Bousman will be directing the new film, which has a release date of October 23, 2020.

Full story at Deadline
Anything that Whannell and Wan touches is magic to me..

what the what?

what?
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I like when comedians get into horror..

Jordan Peele
Danny McBride
Robin Williams (RIP)

But even for me, this looks weird.

Suspect's Reviews

Trailer did nothing for me. Hopes still high, but expectations are still kinda lousy.