The Wild Bunch remake

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2019/05/mel-gib...ke-1202617278/

"While Mel Gibson is attached to act in several films being sold in Cannes, he is getting closer to the next project he’ll direct, The Wild Bunch. Deadline hears that Michael Fassbender, Jamie Foxx and Peter Dinklage are in early talks to take part in the contemporized remake of the 1969 Sam Peckinpah Western about a group of aging outlaws looking for one last score.

Bryan Bagby wrote the script with Gibson, and Jerry Bruckheimer is producing. Warner Bros is financing and releasing. Deals aren’t done but sources said the film looks on course to begin production in the fall. The film will be Gibson’s first film as director since 2016’s Hacksaw Ridge, which won two Oscars and received four other noms including Best Picture and Best Director."

My initial reaction was that they shouldn't produce a remake. Peckinpah's film was near perfection, and completely unique for its day. A remake could not possibly have the same effect.

OTOH Gibson is pretty savvy, and if they get the right guys it could be real good. It strikes me as a film that could easily get screwed up, especially if they get too cute, or emphasize the wrong parts of the story. Maybe Mel will give me a call, and I can get him straightened out....

~Doc