Tools    

To add to @John-Connor list

Coco
Your name
Moana
Kung FU Panda
movies

And the underappreciated gem
Teen Titans Go to the movies, which is basically Deadpool for kids, in the way it takes potshots at other superheros and movies.

Rango is not only my favourite animated film of the decade, but of all time. I'm hoping it can make the list as I've noticed there are a few fans and it got another big inclusion on the comedies list where it must have just missed out.

I have a question for the Star Wars fans. I've seen the first two trilogies, but I've fallen behind on most of the newer Star Wars movies. Are any of the Star Wars movies from the 2010s worth watching for this countdown?

And the the Marvel (MCU) fans, I have the same question about the Marvel movies, Are any of the 2010s MCU movies worth watching for this countdown?
I guess it depends on if you are watching them because you think they will make the list or for your own enjoyment. If it was for the latter I would think you would already of watched them. The only movie that has a prayer of this 100 is The Avengers, in my opinion. I think everything mentioned is worth watching though, and I’m not even a big Marvel guy. Love me some Star Wars though.

I guess it depends on if you are watching them because you think they will make the list or for your own enjoyment. If it was for the latter I would think you would already of watched them. The only movie that has a prayer of this 100 is The Avengers, in my opinion. I think everything mentioned is worth watching though, and I’m not even a big Marvel guy. Love me some Star Wars though.

I'm not an MCU person, but I'm under the impression people go to bat for Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok (I'm suspecting the latter won't have much of a chance due to negative associations with Love & Thunder). Maybe I'm wrong or maybe not around here. But that is my impression (as a non-MCU person).

For animated movies the Criterion channel did a collection of animated films about a little over a year ago. Some of which were from the past decade:
Tracking down what they had:

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/streamin...ly-206449.html

Saying It's Such a Beautiful Day is a lock for my ballot isn't a surprise. I've been meaning to check out Tower.
Not mentioned for animated films, Anomalisa was stop-motion animation and came out the last decade.

...Here's a film that I don't think has been mentioned that much:

Contagion (2011)

I'm not a huge fan of Soderbergh's in general, but his cold, detached style works brilliantly for something that is basically a disaster movie but realistic. Not until Covid was it clear just how realistic, and that it managed to predict the pandemic from lockdowns and shortages to conspiracy theorists is quite impressive. Predictions aside, that it feels real, without any scenes of cars outrunning earthquakes or estranged dads saving their families in helicopter heroics, is the greatest achievement. The ensemble cast including Laurence Fishburne, Kate Winslet and Marion Cotillard are excellent and that you never know which famous name will be in a body bag in the next scene is a bonus.
I watched Contagion based on Thursday's review and I highly recommend my fellow MoFo's watch it or rewatch it, as I think it's deserving of a spot on the countdown.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
2010-2019 Animated movie recommendations:

Animated shorts rarely make my list, but if I decide to include any, this one is near the top of my list:

Day & Night (Short - 2010)

I have a question for the Star Wars fans. I've seen the first two trilogies, but I've fallen behind on most of the newer Star Wars movies. Are any of the Star Wars movies from the 2010s worth watching for this countdown?

And the the Marvel (MCU) fans, I have the same question about the Marvel movies, Are any of the 2010s MCU movies worth watching for this countdown?

It's actually both. I've been a Star Wars fan since I saw the first movie in the theater in 1977, but after the second trilogy, there was a long wait for the next trilogy, and in the interim, I joined MoFo, and I started watching a lot of other movies, and somehow, I just never really got back to watching them. I think I've seen The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but I think I missed the rest of them.

And I used to go to the Marvel movies for the midnight showing on opening night, but since Hubby and I stopped going to the theaters, we've fallen behind on watching them. I've seen everything up to and including The Avengers in 2012, but I've missed a bunch of them after that. I saw the first Guardians of the Galaxy, but not the second one. I missed a bunch of the individual character's movies after The Avengers, but I saw Avengers: Infinity War, but I still haven't found the time to watch Avengers: Endgame, (but I've read about it, so I know some of the spoilers).

Surprisingly, I think a big part of the reason that I've missed a bunch of these movies is joining MoFo. I've gotten so involved in watching movies for the HoFs and countdowns, that I've had less time to watch movies that I choose on my own. (Maybe we should have HoFs for the Star Wars and MCU movies so I can catch up on them. )

I'm not an MCU person, but I'm under the impression people go to bat for Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok (I'm suspecting the latter won't have much of a chance due to negative associations with Love & Thunder). Maybe I'm wrong or maybe not around here. But that is my impression (as a non-MCU person).

Several people have recommended Thor: Ragnarok, so it's on my watchlist for this countdown.

I would have thought Endgame to have a chance. Maybe outside chance for Guardians of the Galaxy too.

I'll have to add Avengers: Endgame to my watchlist too. I want to see it anyway, so this will give me a chance to finally see how Avengers: Infinity War ends.

Further on the topic of animation, apart obviously mentioning the first two entries in World of Tomorrow (Hertzfeldt third one was this decade, I believe), a couple of blindspots for me are The Wind Rises and Mary and the Witch's Flower. It hadn't crossed my mind I might want to watch those before submitting my ballot, but the animation talk caused them to cross my mind.
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya from Ghibli/Takahata was also the 2010s and while it wouldn't make my ballot, it's was an interesting animation style and a movie people should probably watch, even if they don't love it (and it was Takahata's last movie).

And I'll throw some support behind Your Name. It wouldn't make my ballot of 25 movies, but I imagine if I did a top 100, it'd likely be in there somewhere.

Roger Ebert Editors' Picks for the Best Films of the 2010s

(plus honorable mentions)

For what it's worth, here is the list of movies I am considering for my list:

42 (2013)
The Accountant (2016)
Ant-Man and Wasp (2018)
Argo (2012)
Arrival (2016)
The Artist (2011)
Atomic Blonde (2017)
Begin Again (2013)
Blue Is Warmest Color (2013)