The Predator (another sequel)

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That's your takeaway from my post? Oh man, I'm disappointed. Have an exciting weekend, matey.
Hard to know what to take away from your posts.

No reason maybe because i know u like 80s action just like me
Maybe so. I remain at least a little optimistic about the modern stuff, though.

Right back atcha, iro. It's why I like your posts.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
the Predator (trailer 2)

@The Rodent

This restored a little faith after the first trailer. I still need to see a long shot of the beast in action before I am completely sold. I will probably never be happy with anything short of the original with a monster vs. the Masters of the Universe.

Ok, had a scan of the trailer properly.

It's reminiscent of all 3 movies.
Soldiers in a group
Shadowy organisation hunting the creatures (and of course we all know that Jake Busey will be playing Gary "Peter Keyes" Busey's son)
Super Predators killing Classic Predators

One thing I'm not keen on, is something that was a quirk of the first film... p*ssy jokes.
I mean, yeah, use the best things from the originals. Things that made the originals stand out.
But, well... why use actual dialogue? Maybe it's just one line as a playful nod to the first movie, like, with Black directing and it was his character that was telling all the jokes and all.

Hope this won't just be another 2011 version of The Thing.

The Predator (2018) poster

Anybody wanna guess how that third act is gonna play out?...

Welcome to the human race...

(also bumping this for when we all get around to watching this)

I'm commited. Regardless. I think there are gonna be some great parts and some sketchy at best. CGI < Stan Winston.

I do enjoy your boy from Narcos for no discernible reason.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
meh, I can't say I'm excited after the trailer.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

So many funs coming out of comment sections from the reviews...

- 6.5? As a Predator fan, I'm excited it's that good

- Just like Alien movies, I'm going to see it regardless of how bad it is

I don't know how thirsty Shane Black was for this, but feels like there was a heavy studio hand in his vision. Like him or not, his movies tend to be coherent. That may be an issue with this one...

Try as I might, I can't get worked up about The Predator. I think the reason is that there was a mystery about the original that you can't repeat, once the secret's out.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I wish they would stop messing with the Predator. They are Badass enough.

I don t know what to.make of these new action movies lately, when i go to imdb, to check the predator user reviews, i saw so many bad reviews, man why hollywood has come to this, they can t even make a half decent action movie, i read someone saying:this is a bad insult to the original film, man i can t help myself but say what a classic the 1987 one is...why hollywood why?

Welcome to the human race...
Hollywood can make a half-decent action movie from time to time (M:I - Fallout was arguably the most recent one) but I see your point. Sucks that this has apparently been turned into a bit of a studio hatchet job, though, but we'll see if it's any more of an insult to the franchise than AVPR.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Wow. This thing is out and I've only heard about it through a few random posts here?

Just caught the trailer. Looks very ...clean. And youthful. Concerned, but not AvP concerned, yet.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I just watched this trailer. I hope it is not a cheesy film, but sadly it looks like it will lean that way.

Saw this yesterday.

It's...interesting.

Argueably the weakest of the series, but has some crazy moments in this.

It's a shame because as a monster, I prefer Predator over Alien anyday. When I was younger, I ****ing loved this creature: Bad ass dreadlocks, cool mask and armoury, epic growl.

It's just filmmakers haven't really successfully made a film that grabbed the imagination of the viewer. Just more cult audience if anything.