The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Very very nast,
At least your phone has an "A" key (if not a "Y").

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Very very nast,
At least your phone has an "A" key (if not a "Y").
I shall not deny.

It sounds like it should be checked if it's gotten worse over the week. I prefer to put aloe on everything sore or itchy. We have lots of aloe plants but you can get some at the drugstore medication aisle in a bottle or tube if need be.
As long as there's no broken or abraded skin (i.e., not in this case) I like hydrocortisone for local skin irritation.

Anybody know what this is? A spider bite maybe? The very red part is about an inch and a half wide.

This is infected and needs to be seen by your doctor. Doesn't look serious though.

Anybody know what this is? A spider bite maybe? The very red part is about an inch and a half wide.
It looks like a staph infection. I think they can be caused by spider bites, but more common from bacteria or infected hairs. They're common in sports (esp. w/ skin to skin contact). I had one a while back, but treated it before it got out of hand.

Keep it clean. A doctor may want to drain it, or give you mupirocin ointment or something of the like to help it go down. If it does pop. it'll be contagious, so cover it.

If it is staph, it can get much worse, so a doc is advisable.

My costume wasn't as good as I hoped since I was lazy and threw it together last minute, but WHATEVER

The People's Republic of Clogher

Johnny Lee Miller.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Really?
Has NO ONE else noticed how much this looks like Mathew Broderick??

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Dance, magic dance! The wig was not cooperating, so this is about as close to Jareth's style as I'm getting haha.

sooo cool.
I remember in 7th grade I begged my mom to let me get my hair styled like the Goblin King's. I had been letting it grow wild for a while by that point. So we went to a local costume shop to find a wig that looked the most like his, took a pic, developed it, and took that to the stylist.

she cut and teased the hell out of my hair and probably emptied half a can of hair spray on me. I was so excited! The next morning though, I couldn't get it to look a damn thing like what she had done just the day before. So instead of looking like the Goblin King, or even a jacked up version of Axle Rose from the Welcome to the Jungle video, I just looked like your typical 80's daytime drama house wife, all teased out and banged. It was bad. For more context, I was a tiny 12-year old boy with light blonde teased hair in a backwoods county, country school where if you weren't a farmer jock, you didn't get to keep your lunch money.

First and last.

AWESOME PIC THOUGH!!!! One of my greatest childhood movies!!! "Live with-out-the sun-light... *BOM BAH BOMM BAH BOOOAH BOMMM*"

I was the best man at my friend's wedding this past weekend. Some of you already know this story, but my buddy had a massive heart-attack last year while I was with him. It happened on Veteran's Day. Since it was a three-day weekend and his fiancée was out of town, I was going to crash at his place for a couple of days so we could hang out and have fun. We had a few drinks that Thursday night while playing video games and the next day he felt like sh*t, vomiting and complaining about heartburn. We just assumed it was a hangover, even though he hadn't drank that much. I was making fun of him and calling him a lightweight. He was 30 years old at the time, so neither of us were thinking heart-attack. Later that afternoon, after coming downstairs from trying to take a nap, he staggered and face-planted. At first I assumed he'd fainted, but once I rolled him over and saw how he looked, I knew it was something far more serious.

I quickly called 911 and they instructed me to perform chest compressions. At that point he was already turning blue. The paramedics eventually arrived and took over. They had to shock him to get his heart started. At the hospital they did this thing called a hypothermic cooling process where they cooled his body a few degrees in order to preserve brain function. It was a scary, stressful time. The prognosis looked dim. He had gone several minutes without oxygen to the brain, so we didn't know if he was going to be a vegetable or come out severely handicapped. Even after doctors put the stints in his heart and took him off sedation, several days passed before he regained consciousness. Miraculously, however, with the exception of some short-term memory loss, he woke up the same person. I had everyone calling me a hero for how quickly I reacted during the situation and for apparently doing a good enough job of keeping blood pumping to his brain during those crucial minutes until the paramedics arrived.

Fast-forward almost a year later and here he is getting married. You'd never know the guy almost died. His wedding was epic. Beautiful weather. Beautiful venue. I was nervous about having to deliver a best man speech since there were close to 150 people there, many of whom I've never met, but according to everyone I knocked it out of the park. I had people laughing and cheering, and unlike everyone else who spoke, I didn't get emotional or read from a piece of paper, instead just going off what I'd rehearsed in my head. I've been best friends with the guy for 15+ years now, going back to early on in high school, so I had plenty of fun memories to draw from.

Anyways, here's some pics from the day:

What an amazing story. And well done for saving his life. Performing chest compressions/CPR is pretty intense for someone to perform without notice or training so you should feel quite proud of yourself. The wedding pics look lovely