MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Anyways, it looks very likely that Rodgers should just be shut down for the season, even more so when we actually saw Jordan Love move the offense with ease. I get it was Eagles prevent defense in play, but he actually shocked me.

I'm ok with moving on from here and starting over. Will be a bumpy ride but that's how this all goes.

I must have missed the blown pass interference call. I honestly didn't see one.
3rd down in the end zone, before the field goal. Even the announcers were like "yeahhh..."

More to the point they just always do that dumb "kick the field goal first" thing since a lot of coaches seem to coach to delay the point at which the game is lost as opposed to maximizing their chances of winning.

Anyways, it looks very likely that Rodgers should just be shut down for the season, even more so when we actually saw Jordan Love move the offense with ease. I get it was Eagles prevent defense in play, but he actually shocked me.

I'm ok with moving on from here and starting over. Will be a bumpy ride but that's how this all goes.
Always a tough call, but it's worse when they wait too long and it becomes obvious (which is, uh, happening in a few places around the league right now) they need to go.

Roethlisberger played maybe two full years past the point where he should have.

Always a tough call, but it's worse when they wait too long and it becomes obvious (which is, uh, happening in a few places around the league right now) they need to go.

Roethlisberger played maybe two full years past the point where he should have.
Kind of reminds me of that situation. Which is crazy since he was MVP last 2 years. But this is what happens when you don't have Davante Adams which was a top 5 weapon and probably still is even on that bad Vegas team.

If Rodgers intends on playing next year (and a lot of those "close" to him think he will) then he needs to play out the season if he can. It's the only chance to work with the young wr's since he busy tripping balls in the off-season. But he needs to make up his mind quick. None of this waffling bs. Love looked good last night. Forget about reading the D and all that stuff, the throws looked better than they have in the past. Had some zip, were on time/target but I'm not putting any stock in this appearance just like I wouldn't if he looked terrible. Too small a sample and the Packers know what they have in him even if we don't. For the record, I'm fine with moving on from Rodgers as well, just as I was when no. 4 left.

A system of cells interlinked
When I saw Titletown Champs as my opponent this week, the memories of our first matchup came flooding back. Memories of a beating that saw me lose by a good 40 points or so. My team being a boom or bust affair this season, I wondered which it would be this week: would I see a repeat of week one, or would my guys all go off, as they sometimes do.

It looks like I am going to lose by a good SEVENTY FIVE POINTS. Just an absolute drubbing, which I will be curious to check against the record books. My puny pigskin pack perambulated to an anemic 75.70 total points when all was said and done on Sunday, while the future trophy winning team manages 159.84. Unless Parris Campbell catches 13 TDs tonight, I presume I don't have much of a chance.

Sayonara week 12!

It looks like I am going to lose by a good SEVENTY FIVE POINTS. Just an absolute drubbing, which I will be curious to check against the record books.
You'll avoid any ignominy, you basically need 80 or above to get on there.

Tried to mess up Holdens playoff chances this week but my team is just not up to it this season. Feckless...

The trick is not minding
I have an outside chance of coming back to win this tonight. I need Pittman to score 21 points to pull it off. Checking his weekly scores he has done that only once….way back in week one. 😑

He did have a 19.5 point output as well, but the odds are against him.

Oh yeah, and Matt Ryan is his QB. Speaking of QB’s who have stayed too long……

I actually just had this thought. Do we think even QBs will have a narrower longevity period much like an RB does now? I'm not saying all will fall off a cliff by 50, but I feel franchises might have less patience and move on quicker while also wanting to save some money too.

Kicking myself for dropping Watson earlier this year.
I nearly canceled my waiver claim for him at the last minute. I wasn't crazy about spending my #1 priority on a WR who had only had one good game all season. It's not uncommon to see random WRs explode for a big game then not do anything else the rest of the season. However, given the context (heavily-hyped rookie who had struggled early with injuries/miscues finally getting healthy and gaining more experience on a team with a great QB in desperate need for playmakers), I was hopeful that his big game wasn't an anomaly but a coming-out party. Watson has now followed up his 30-point explosion with back-to-back 19-point games. Even if I don't start him most weeks, I'd rather him be on my bench than in my opponent's starting line-up.

He also proved to be the difference for me in that game against WhentheLe'VeonBreaks. With Godwin and Lockett on byes that week, I would've likely started Kadarius Toney against the Chargers since the Chiefs were without multiple WRs that game. Toney didn't register a single catch before exiting early with a hamstring injury. Replace Watson's 19-point performance with Toney's doughnut, and I would've lost by half a point.

Gonna lose a crazy nailbiter to Spaulding, barring some scoring change.

Was even closer than it looked, Packers were an inch (and a blown PI call) away from scoring late which would've swung it, too. That and like half a dozen things from Thursday onward.
I was definitely stressed. I felt great about my chances going into the Sunday night game but worry started creeping in as the RBs continually kept scoring TDs early on instead of Hurts. When Rodgers left the game, I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that my defense was about to feast on Love, since he's looked rather hapless in previous stints that I've seen. After the long TD to Watson, when the Packers found themselves in scoring position again, I checked the settings and saw that I would lose 3 points for my defense if they gave up another TD, which at the time would've put you in the lead by decimal points. Even after the Packers settled for a FG, I was still worried that Sanders would break a long run to seal it for you. The notion that our match-up might become so close that I'd mess around and lose because of a couple kneel downs from Hurts frighteningly flashed through my mind as well. Fortunately Sanders got just enough for the first down and not much more.

I was already kicking myself all day for benching Godwin. It didn't bother me that Brian Robinson or Garrett Wilson had big games because they were never in consideration, but I'd had Godwin in my FLEX all week until Saturday night. He's had a nice floor this season, but Montgomery was coming off a near 20-point performance and with Fields ruled out and Herbert on IR, I knew the Bears would lean heavily on him against the Jets. If someone told me before the game that Montgomery would score 12.8, I'd have been pleased to start him, but with Godwin scoring 10 points higher on my bench, that proved to be the wrong move and it nearly cost me.

The trick is not minding
I nearly canceled my waiver claim for him at the last minute. I wasn't crazy about spending my #1 priority on a WR who had only had one good game all season. It's not uncommon to see random WRs explode for a big game then not do anything else the rest of the season. However, given the context (heavily-hyped rookie who had struggled early with injuries/miscues finally getting healthy and gaining more experience on a team with a great QB in desperate need for playmakers), I was hopeful that his big game wasn't an anomaly but a coming-out party. Watson has now followed up his 30-point explosion with back-to-back 19-point games. Even if I don't start him most weeks, I'd rather him be on my bench than in my opponent's starting line-up.

He also proved to be the difference for me in that game against WhentheLe'VeonBreaks. With Godwin and Lockett on byes that week, I would've likely started Kadarius Toney against the Chargers since the Chiefs were without multiple WRs that game. Toney didn't register a single catch before exiting early with a hamstring injury. Replace Watkin's 19-point performance with Toney's doughnut, and I would've lost by half a point
Yep, I saw that with the lack of healthy WR available for Rodgers, it was pretty clear he would be targeted more often going forward. I’ve gambled a few times on other WR who didn’t work out (Samuels gave me one good game, Pierce I think gave me nothing) but at that point I was hurting for WR with so many of mine getting hurt.

I get both Brown and Juju back, but the formers production may be blunted some with Hopkins return.

I wish I could have taken that trade offer from Adam ( A Cooper for Connor) but o had byes coming up for Ekeler and Walker and no real RB worth looking at on waivers at the time.

The trick is not minding
JFC. Wrong time for me to have a 3 game losing streak. I now need to win my last 2 games and hope a few others lose ahead of me to make it in.

The trick is not minding
Poor Yoda losing another WR. I was at that game so I saw him go down and then was helped to the tunnel as he couldn’t put any pressure on his leg. We knew it wasn’t good.

Let the night air cool you off
I’m going to be flying today, so I’ll be in the air when they announce officially that Etienne will be playing…. In the case that they announce he will not be playing, is it possible, @Yoda, for you to alter my lineup and put AJ Dillon in Etienne’s spot if they announce he is out? I understand if that’s a no go or anybody has a problem with it. I just won’t be able to do it myself, I don’t think.

If not, then I will just roll the dice on Etienne playing.

Personally I'm fine with that, since you've made the decision known in advance and are literally just unable to do it yourself. Seems like the kind of good sportsmanship thing we're usually cool with. I made a similar offer for people when all those crazy COVID reschedulings were happening.

I'll say yes unless someone objects, but I don't expect anyone will.

It sure sounds like Etienne's playing, regardless.

Let the night air cool you off
Personally I'm fine with that, since you've made the decision known in advance and are literally just unable to do it yourself. Seems like the kind of good sportsmanship thing we're usually cool with. I made a similar offer for people when all those crazy COVID reschedulings were happening.

I'll say yes unless someone objects, but I don't expect anyone will.

It sure sounds like Etienne's playing, regardless.
I fully expect him to play, but I’d be bummed if I land and see he didn’t play and I lost by the 3.7 points Dillon would have scored me.