MovieGal's October Horror Watch

→ in
Tools    

@Little Ash

I have only seen 2 films with scat and obviously they were fake, Salo and Tumbling Doll of Flesh.

This stuff does not phase me because I know it's fake.

@Little Ash

I have only seen 2 films with scat and obviously they were fake, Salo and Tumbling Doll of Flesh.

Debris Documentar from one of your favorite directors.

@cricket you should watch Madness of Many...its done by the director of A God Without A Universe, just for its torture value. I didn't care for the actress's voice and the soundtrack was horrible but a good value of torture and gore.

I would say out of the three I have seen of Kasper's films, that is my least favorite.

Are you guys saying “sick” like “those are some sick beats” or “you are one sick puppy”?

Are you guys saying “sick” like “those are some sick beats” or “you are one sick puppy”?
Disgusting, gory, over the top.

@Rockatansky

Have you heard of Armin Meiwes?

Marian Dora directed a film based off what he did. It's a hard watch.

@Rockatansky

I vaguely remember the news story. I gotta be honest though, from what I’ve read about Marian Dora, his work sounds too extreme for me.

@Little Ash

You haven't seen Pink Flamingos?
Let's simply say, the smearing of dog shit across teeth as someone chews it (why was Divine chewing the shit?), uh, may look a little closer to what at least the earlier scenes in Salo than what you give credit for.

As a side note, in real life I have a sympathetic gag reflex to other people puking. Some of that is the smell, which obviously movies can't capture, but there's also something else about that no film has ever triggered. Somehow, the actors got the revulsion to eating the shit in the early scenes triggering my gag reflex. And though there are signs of inauthenticity in the shit on the carpet, it could be a composite in terms of texture and color of shits that I've actually had i.e. I've had shits of that texture and almost that shape. I've had shits of that color. But I don't know if I've shits of that shape, texture, and color (at least based on my one and likely only viewing. Sometimes people go back and rewatch movies, and things do not appear on subsequent viewings as they do on the first viewing. The mind's eye playing tricks and all that). But even with the somewhat inauthentic aspects of the shits, reducing the impact initially, the scenes of people eating it wore on long enough that it just kind of broke me.

This has been Fecal Matters.
I have been your host, Ash Fecal.

@Rockatansky

No. Googles. That face looks very familiar. Oh, now I remember him.
It was a couple years after some friends and I watched Der Todusking on a blind watch, and we heard the news story and were like, "wtf is it with Germans and castrations?"

No. Googles. That face looks very familiar. Oh, now I remember him.
It was a couple years after some friends and I watched Der Todusking on a blind watch, and we heard the news story and were like, "wtf is it with Germans and castrations?"
Der Todesking is done by same director as Nekromantik, Jorg Buttgereit.

That's like getting James Wan and Eli Roth confused.

I thought about rewatching Nekromantik for this but don't want to hunt done one without subs and then the subs file but there is a streaming service that has it.

You haven't seen Pink Flamingos?
Let's simply say, the smearing of dog shit across teeth as someone chews it (why was Divine chewing the shit?), uh, may look a little closer to what at least the earlier scenes in Salo than what you give credit for.

As a side note, in real life I have a sympathetic gag reflex to other people puking. Some of that is the smell, which obviously movies can't capture, but there's also something else about that no film has ever triggered. Somehow, the actors got the revulsion to eating the shit in the early scenes triggering my gag reflex. And though there are signs of inauthenticity in the shit on the carpet, it could be a composite in terms of texture and color of shits that I've actually had i.e. I've had shits of that texture and almost that shape. I've had shits of that color. But I don't know if I've shits of that shape, texture, and color (at least based on my one and likely only viewing. Sometimes people go back and rewatch movies, and things do not appear on subsequent viewings as they do on the first viewing. The mind's eye playing tricks and all that). But even with the somewhat inauthentic aspects of the shits, reducing the impact initially, the scenes of people eating it wore on long enough that it just kind of broke me.

This has been Fecal Matters.
I have been your host, Ash Fecal.
Just remember it's a fake including some of The Faces of Death segments.

Der Todesking is done by same director as Nekromantik, Jorg Buttgereit.

That's like getting James Wan and Eli Roth confused.

I thought about rewatching Nekromantik for this but don't want to hunt done one without subs and then the subs file but there is a streaming service that has it.

The "Der Todusking" comment was in relation to castrations and Armin Meiwes. Nothing in connection to Marian Dora.

ETA: I know the Nekromantik movies have a cult following, which briefly makes me consider watching them, but then I remember Der Todusking and remember, castrations aside, thinking the movie was kind of shit. Admittedly from long enough ago and a different lens of how I might have viewed such a film, but my gut says if I watch it now, I'd probably still think it's shit.