Worst deaths outside of a horror movie

Tools    

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I'm curious to know what you think is a pretty bad way to die in a movie. I was watching The Last Crusade where the nazi officer went over the cliff in the tank and started wondering about other movie deaths.

I think horror movie deaths should be excluded because horror movies are generally meant to inspire fear and shock. I guess comedies should probably be excluded too, since those probably won't take death as seriously.

I hope this can be discussed lightly and with respect to each others' opinions, since we each have our own POVs.

I was thinking about my post last night, about Indiana Jones movies, and remembered The Temple of Doom, where the Indian guy gets rolled into the rock crusher...always makes me cringe, no matter how many times I watch it.

Account terminated on request
not the headvise?
First thought I have. It made the baseball bat thing tame.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Scarface, shower scene.

Here's a bit of trivia that 99% of you already know:

1. Despite the myth, there was never an X rated version of the film released. The film released as R was in fact the original version that kept getting labeled as X. Note: There is a "director's cut" sold (I happened to see one that my dad rented), but it's a misnomer, because the actual release was the director's cut because the director had final cut priviledges. It's likely either the same exact movie, or just scrapped scenes added in. It's one of the reasons that both Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel warned against things called "director's cuts". Even if the director didn't have final-cut, many of the scenes were dropped on purpose by the director.

2. At no point did you ever see the chainsaw cut his friend, nor did you see any remains of the person. There are some pictures of the filming of the scene with an arm hanging or similar, but it was never seen. The director pointed out that he's met people that swear that they've seen every aspect of the cutting and he took that as a compliment that he was able to put the imagery in their head.

Adam Goldberg's death scene in Saving Private Ryan (1998) - the way the German soldier almost lulls him to death, like comforting a crying baby, as he plunges the knife into "Pvt. Mellish."
Something particularly disturbing about that death scene. (Lots of awful deaths in that movie.)

Adam Goldberg's death scene in Saving Private Ryan (1998) - the way the German soldier almost lulls him to death, like comforting a crying baby, as he plunges the knife into "Pvt. Mellish."
Something particularly disturbing about that death scene. (Lots of awful deaths in that movie.)
Yes, I absolutely hated that scene.

The baseball bat scene in The Untouchables as well
Personal note: Back in my 20's, before I became completely numbed to movie violence, that scene was truly a heart pounding terrifying moment.

Side note: Looking up Capone is an interesting endeavor; I'd suggest it.

I think one of the best from recent times is Ex_Machina.
WARNING: "Ex Machina" spoilers below
First thing Ava does is teaches her subordinate to kill, and then Ava also kills as well by leaving Caleb trapped to starve.

Also, the way Zara dies in Jurassic World.
Half drowned, thrown around like a ragdoll, then swallowed whole. Alive.
Think about it... she was probably alive for a good few minutes inside the Mosasaurus.
Freaky.

Oh!
Alan Rickman in Die Hard.

Falling from a major height.
Like Zara in JW... you've got like, time to think about it, and realise what's going on before actually dying.

Chris Penn about to murder that very unlucky cop in Reservoir Dogs.

At the end of the movie Twins, the villain gets crushed by a giant iron chain in a warehouse that keeps quietly circling over him, even though he was clearly killed by the initial blow. It's pretty brutal.