Game of Thrones, Season 6

Tools    

Congrats to Game of Thrones for winning Best Drama Series at the 67th Emmy Awards last night.
The show won a record 12 Emmys, 8 of which were given at the Creative Emmys last week.
Peter Dinklage won for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama, David Nutter won for directing the season finale of Season 6, Mother's Mercy, and Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series went to David Benioff and D.B. Weiss for the aforementioned episode Mother's Mercy.
Quite a good haul.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Jon Snow (Kit Harrington spotted filming scenes for new series. Sourse Dailymail website.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Euron Greyjoy please!!! If they give me proper Crow's Eye I'll forgive them sucky Dorne
story!

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
With Jon Snow being brought back I am assuming this is how he gets out of his "Night's Watch Vows" because technically he has died. Still a little salty with how they ended Stannis' story. I was hoping he wasn't really dead but Dillane hasn't been seen filming (To my knowledge anyways) so it is safe to say he is dead. I thought his death was very weirdly filmed and I didn't like it, but I guess they are clearing out all the contenders for Dany. Always thought she was end game, I guess this confirms it. Of course Jon technically has more of a claim then she does. Please no Jon-Dany getting together ********, we've had enough incest on this show to begin with.

If I were to decide, out of all discussed options I would like him dead. Revival by magic is just lazy writing and becoming part of his wolf is just a stupid idea (to me). They are changing story more and more so I really can't guess what is coming but I just wanna see better Dorne and Euron Greyjoy in all of his might.

If I were to decide, out of all discussed options I would like him dead. Revival by magic is just lazy writing and becoming part of his wolf is just a stupid idea (to me). They are changing story more and more so I really can't guess what is coming but I just wanna see better Dorne and Euron Greyjoy in all of his might.
I don't see anything 'lazy' about building up to this moment over 3 seasons. Maybe we have different definitions of lazy.

It's a pretty fine line. It's not cheating if you can see the narrative groundwork being laid well in advance; it needs to look obvious in retrospect to feel legitimate. I'm not sure they did quite enough, especially relative to the significance of the character, but they did enough that I'm not up in arms about it, either.

So the fat bastard has come out and said the book won't be ready before season 6. I would bet just about anything that he won't finish them. Why doesn't he hire someone to finish these as he clearly can't or won't.

So the fat bastard has come out and said the book won't be ready before season 6. I would bet just about anything that he won't finish them. Why doesn't he hire someone to finish these as he clearly can't or won't.
Wow, wow, easy...

Tolkien never finished Lord of the Rings, and they were a lot smaller and simpler,was he a skinny bastard? It's clear he can't or won't finish them? Why?

And sorry if this counts as too personal, but judging from your post, you are one those who wanna rush the book and then complain how it sucks. Asking someone to just sit in a room and write is just unrealistic.

It's a pretty fine line. It's not cheating if you can see the narrative groundwork being laid well in advance; it needs to look obvious in retrospect to feel legitimate. I'm not sure they did quite enough, especially relative to the significance of the character, but they did enough that I'm not up in arms about it, either.
I don't wanna be "the book guy" , but there they already brought back someone, and it has huge impact on a person that performs revival, so if they do it like that, then it might be better. If the person reviving Jon dose not die, or Jon comes back as a normal guy, then I do consider it bad and lazy writing.

Wow, wow, easy...

Tolkien never finished Lord of the Rings, and they were a lot smaller and simpler,was he a skinny bastard? It's clear he can't or won't finish them? Why?

And sorry if this counts as too personal, but judging from your post, you are one those who wanna rush the book and then complain how it sucks. Asking someone to just sit in a room and write is just unrealistic.
One book in 10 years dude.......

Feel sorry for the publishers who know that if he'd gotten this book out before the next TV series then sales would be through the roof. Also poor bookreaders who've been waiting 5 years to find out Jon's fate.

He just cant be bothered imo, or he is so muddled or mentally diminished through age that he cant finish it.

Or he really wants to write a good book? You understand he has a lot less time than before because of GoT? He even has people who will tell you he's busy, book writers are almost never that famous. Every writer has his style of writing, some could do it in a mine, some need quiet and to be alone. I can understand that. They are large and complex books, plus there is a World of Ice and Fire, that took time also.

He is as busy as he wants to be, if he really wanted to he could go to a cabin for 6 months and churn it out.

He is as busy as he wants to be, if he really wanted to he could go to a cabin for 6 months and churn it out.
So you are asking him to ignore his social life and his other work just so he can force words on paper for people to complain how it sucked? It's writing, not a factory. Nobody should sacrifice his personal life and side jobs to please people who he dose not owe anything to. Only thing we as his fans deserve is writing quality, if he needs time for that, so be it, I would rather wait instead of getting horrible ending or a destroyed arc for my fav characters just because he rushed it. This is not just GRRM, guys who write Berserk and Attack on Titan also went from regular issues to "when we write it, it will be out", because they need to work on anime and other stuff, and it's a 50 page comic book. Both Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring will be 1.000+ pages.

I think it's good to have the series before the book for once!
It mixes things up and makes it more interesting.
True, even if season is not very good, it will still get me pumped up for the book. Some parts of season 6 will be from past books (Euron - Greyjoys, Dorne and Jaime I believe) while some will step into unknown (Jon, Dany).

I just want to see Euron on the screen, "I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last"

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Are there any official promo images yet? I watched the tease on HBO and it sure seems to focus on Johnny Boy a lot. Damn internet, so hard to figure out what's real .