The Videogames Tab

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Ok, seriously addictive. All day I thought about what I needed to do before the middle of my 1st winter. Well, ended up doing that in one sitting tonight. 😅

Got to the bottom of the mine and got the Skelton key. Repaired the bus and stupidly bought a ton of stuff and ventured into the cavern: instant death. Lost my sword, everything I had picked up in the desert, including seeds, and a sizable resource of wood. Yeah, I was pissed. 🤣

I think it’s time to start fishing.

The Adventure Starts Here!
@John McClane: I found fishing a little bit annoying because it's oddly tricky. (A lot of folks have complained about it, so I don't feel like a COMPLETE idiot, anyway.)

I haven't made it to the bottom of either mine. Isn't that one in the desert a kick in the teeth at first? I was like, Whaaa? I do have the ultimate sword now and that helps. Have you repaired the community center yet?

I almost wish you weren't posting about this game. I have a dread fear I'm going to get hooked on it again, right when I really don't have the time.

@Austruck: Yeah, I was actually doing OK in the cavern and then I killed a blob which turned into 3 and they rushed me and BOOM. Death: 5 hours of grinding for naught.

I have repaired the Vault, the Boiler Room, and I am 5 hardwood away from completing the Crafts room.

And yeah, I HATE that fishing mechanic, and that's why I opted for grinding the mine for the first year.

I'm not putting a lot of attention into farming. I rarely have more than 50 crops planted at one time. I am thinking for year two I am going to shift to mass producing artisan goods like jam and mayo. Main thing is I'm keeping the farm as self-sustaining as possible so I can devote time to the other stuff (mining, fishing, etc).

Once winter is finished I am going to completely redo everything on the farm (replace stone wall with iron fence and redo the layout). I have been taking screenshots, so I will get a couple uploaded in the next day or two.

I honestly have half a mind to buy a copy for PC so I can play at work, but then I'll never get anything done.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Oh, you're not playing on PC? That's how I'm playing. I have too much going on at my farm ATM, including the mushrooms in the little cave and the slimers. I think you're right that it's best to concentrate on artisanal stuff that brings in the cash. I always have 5 diamonds being created inside the house and I find that truffle oil and certain wines bring in a lot of cash without much effort. I planted fruit trees right next to some of the wine-making barrels so I can just shake the trees and load up the barrels. I keep storage chests anywhere near where I need to store extras of things. And I now have nutrinos (I think that's their name--the guys who keep showing up at the community center as you're fixing it) helping me do the farming. I have too much stuff in the greenhouse, frankly. I end up spending my whole day keeping up with the farm.

Have you discovered the little area way south of your farm, near the wizard's house, where you can get hardwood easily but have to fight off slimer things to get it?

A system of cells interlinked
I seriously locked up for like 5 seconds when then thing came at me in Bloodborne. Horrifying!

I seriously locked up for like 5 seconds when then thing came at me in Bloodborne. Horrifying!

Thanks for this clear reminder of why I don't play Bloodborne. Yikes!

Oh, you're not playing on PC? That's how I'm playing. I have too much going on at my farm ATM, including the mushrooms in the little cave and the slimers. I think you're right that it's best to concentrate on artisanal stuff that brings in the cash. I always have 5 diamonds being created inside the house and I find that truffle oil and certain wines bring in a lot of cash without much effort. I planted fruit trees right next to some of the wine-making barrels so I can just shake the trees and load up the barrels. I keep storage chests anywhere near where I need to store extras of things. And I now have nutrinos (I think that's their name--the guys who keep showing up at the community center as you're fixing it) helping me do the farming. I have too much stuff in the greenhouse, frankly. I end up spending my whole day keeping up with the farm.

Have you discovered the little area way south of your farm, near the wizard's house, where you can get hardwood easily but have to fight off slimer things to get it?
wha? There’s a place that I can get hardwood just by whooping some ass? As long as it ain’t another mine I am all game. Checking it out now.

And nah, I bought it for the Switch. Just made more sense, and I only bought it after I finally fixed the grip problem I was having. Otherwise, I’d have it on Xbox, but I may still buy that version too.

ARGH! **** these stupid ass tiny **** blobs. I’m done with dungeons. I don’t ever want to see another one for at least a whole year now. Geez that pisses me off. Grind in the quarry. Go into the cave to see what’s what and death. Ugh. Stupid stupid stupid.

Well that’s it for tonight

EDIT: 3 hours later I finally put the game down. I have a problem. Why did I buy this game? 😅

That was last week. This week I am converting that lower field to an orchard. And you can't see them but I have two kegs in that cobblestone area in between the preserves. My farm is tiny compared to some of the ones I've seen. I haven't even upgraded any of my farming tools.

I'd starve if I was a real farmer.

ARGH! **** these stupid ass tiny **** blobs. I’m done with dungeons. I don’t ever want to see another one for at least a whole year now. Geez that pisses me off. Grind in the quarry. Go into the cave to see what’s what and death. Ugh. Stupid stupid stupid.

Well that’s it for tonight

EDIT: 3 hours later I finally put the game down. I have a problem. Why did I buy this game? 😅
This is a natural reaction to this game. Want to know how many hours I have in this game?? Around 340 hours. Have fun!

Here's a hint about those dungeons and mines and the bad guys: Get the best quality sword first. It's purple. I think it's called a Galaxy sword. Then you can hack away at almost anything. Best decision I made in the game. Tricky thing to get it, but I'd make this a priority so you don't keep losing stuff when you die:

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Galaxy_Sword

wha? There’s a place that I can get hardwood just by whooping some ass? As long as it ain’t another mine I am all game. Checking it out now.
It's over to the left of the traveling cart guy who comes around on Sundays and Wednesdays. Kinda hidden to the left there. I forget if there is some level you have to hit in order to get inside...

UPGRADE your farming tools! That low-level axe takes a lot of chops to fell a tree and then the stump. A higher-end axe can fell everything in three chops, including the stump. Saves so much time. Same with the other tools. Upgrade everything! You won't be able to get hardwood without upgrading that axe somewhat. And upgrading your pickaxe means you can get better stuff in the mines, etc. etc.

UPGRADE your farming tools! That low-level axe takes a lot of chops to fell a tree and then the stump. A higher-end axe can fell everything in three chops, including the stump. Saves so much time. Same with the other tools. Upgrade everything! You won't be able to get hardwood without upgrading that axe somewhat. And upgrading your pickaxe means you can get better stuff in the mines, etc. etc.
I did upgrade the axe.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Can't compare with VR Battlefield yo

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I did upgrade the axe.
Not sure she meant guitar. But gratz!!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I haven't played a game in several weeks. Dry spell. The last game I picked up was that digital copy of Ghost of Tsushima. Once I made it to the open world I kinda just stopped. I'm surprised, considering I'd been waiting for this game for a year or so. I'm not sure what dropped for me. I wonder if my experience with CONTROL spoiled me some in expectations. Don't get me wrong, the game is gorgeous and I can't really find anything wrong with it, just I didn't seem to connect with it as well as I expected and my attentions drifted. I have a feeling this will become another RDRII type play where I only log in when I have time to just wander around, never really playing the game proper.

I did fill that gap with a re-sub to WoW-Classic (again). I started a few new characters on a different PVP server. First the rogue, then a warlock, now a warrior. I get bored with them all, hoping that jumping classes might rekindle my attraction. I'll probably unsub by October if nothing changes for me. Maybe it's time to refocus on music.

I did read that the PS5 will have a "digital" version sans disc drive for a hundred bucks or so less. That's interesting, but I don't see myself wanting another system for a few years. Especially considering how I can fade in and out of console affection for years at a time, at times.

Oh well. Useless post lol. Free thread bump for great justice!