First R-Rated Movie You Saw

Tools    

My earliest part-memory has to be the low-budget ealy 2000 rip-off slasher-killer film called, Wishcraft. I took me years and years to find it because I only remembered small segments, scenes, kills or whatever. I must have been 5 or 6 years old.

But the one I remember in full is Alien. I also got Freddy vs Jason on dvd when I was in 4th grade I think. I remember taking it with me and showing it off lol. I also remember watching Saw III in the theater. God dammit I almost passed out.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I am not sure... but it was one of these:

The Exorcist
The Fly
Incubus
The Thing

I have a vague memory of watching A Nightmare on Elm Street for the first time as well.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I did a search and didn't find any threads on this topic so please forgive me if one exists. If it does feel free to merge.
This happens to all my threads...

Suspect's Reviews

The first R-rated movie I saw was Apocolypse Now. I was 17, but my older brother snuck me in. I had never seen anything like it before. I left the theatre totally stunned.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I meant to put that in the eff word thread. My bad.

the firsr r rated movie or nc 17 to be more precise was basic instinct

Not sure. I don't really know what is and isn't a R Rated Film since i'm not American and i can't really be bothered finding out. Until like five years ago i always thought R was the highest rating in the US from hearing characters in movies and tv shows usually teenaged talking about going to see an R Rated movie. Seems some pretty ridiculous things are rated R though and NC 17 is higher i believe.

Whatever it was it was probably when i was 4 or 5. My brother in-law used to show me whatever movies/shows when i was with him regardless of my age as long as i didn't tell my parents, think i saw the end of Scarface when i was 5 which i've always took as an early warning to not bother with the rest of it since it's terrible. If not it might have been one of my sisters friends, both were three years older than me and she used to sneak horror movies out of her dad's collection when she was staying over with us.

Scarface is great, Cam. Give it a shot. I mean you know the punchline anyway but that was obviously going to happen. You know, the old theme of Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. Good ride of a movie, though.

My husband's bro took him to see The Thing when he was a little kid. I thought that was a bit OTT. Gave him nightmares.

Scarface is great, Cam. Give it a shot. I mean you know the punchline anyway but that was obviously going to happen. You know, the old theme of Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. Good ride of a movie, though.

My husband's bro took him to see The Thing when he was a little kid. I thought that was a bit OTT. Gave him nightmares.
I've seen Scarface multiple times and i think it is awful.

The Thing is fantastic though.

Wont dont you like about Scarface - too dated or do you think the writing is off?

I love the Thing but I think it was too much for 4 year old. Hell, at that age I was probably having nightmares about violence in bugs bunny lol.

Wont dont you like about Scarface - too dated or do you think the writing is off?

I love the Thing but I think it was too much for 4 year old. Hell, at that age I was probably having nightmares about violence in bugs bunny lol.
I just find the whole thing hard to watch. I'm fine with people liking how over the top it is but it's really jarring to me. Al Pacino's performance makes me cringe so much, his accent, his demeanor and especially the fact that he allowed those cheesy lines to leave his mouth during the prime of his career is really jarring to me. Even then i can kinda forgive him for going all out on his role but then every single other character is completely lifeless, what the hell is Michelle Pfeiffer even doing in that movie? Seriously, she could've been replaced by a doll, she always hints to there being something more to her character that is going to come out soon but instead she spends the full movie lifeless and moody and just accepting of whatever role she is placed in. Then there's the soundtrack, even if you like the songs you have to admit they feel completely baffling, they don't fit anything at all. Dunno maybe that ones just me. We also have cheesy montages and sooooo many -badass scenes that i find the movie tough to sit through.

i think that would be an X in the Uk. first one I ever saw was Cabaret. I went with my parents and older brother, I was sixteen, but managed to get away with it.

This might just do nobody any good.
Mentioned this before: I saw Cronenberg's The Fly when I was four and Goldblum breaking a dude's arm is probably my earliest memory of a film.

Saw a bunch of R-rated, 80s action movies as a kid too but those didn't stick with me like Fly did.

I just find the whole thing hard to watch. I'm fine with people liking how over the top it is but it's really jarring to me. Al Pacino's performance makes me cringe so much, his accent, his demeanor and especially the fact that he allowed those cheesy lines to leave his mouth during the prime of his career is really jarring to me. Even then i can kinda forgive him for going all out on his role but then every single other character is completely lifeless, what the hell is Michelle Pfeiffer even doing in that movie? Seriously, she could've been replaced by a doll, she always hints to there being something more to her character that is going to come out soon but instead she spends the full movie lifeless and moody and just accepting of whatever role she is placed in. Then there's the soundtrack, even if you like the songs you have to admit they feel completely baffling, they don't fit anything at all. Dunno maybe that ones just me. We also have cheesy montages and sooooo many -badass scenes that i find the movie tough to sit through.

Tht's fair enough. Yeah she is lifeless. I think they were showing that she was just an empty, shallow bitch who went after the sugar daddies for happiness in the grand dollar but never found it so ended up a booze and coke addict. The one that got me was Mastrantonio. Was she playing a 13 year old? I found her overacting cringeworthy. The music I cant actually remember apart from the dirge at the end. Paul Shenar/Alejandro Sosa was the one I really liked. F. Murray - nup. Didnt like his acting at all and I was happy with his last scene.
Still, I enjoy the ride. Gave me a need to go to Colombi. Those guys were so little.

Tht's fair enough. Yeah she is lifeless. I think they were showing that she was just an empty, shallow bitch who went after the sugar daddies for happiness in the grand dollar but never found it so ended up a booze and coke addict. The one that got me was Mastrantonio. Was she playing a 13 year old? I found her overacting cringeworthy. The music I cant actually remember apart from the dirge at the end. Paul Shenar/Alejandro Sosa was the one I really liked. F. Murray - nup. Didnt like his acting at all and I was happy with his last scene.
Still, I enjoy the ride. Gave me a need to go to Colombi. Those guys were so little.
Tell me this scene isn't the worst thing you've ever seen..... today:

OMG you're right about the music ROFLMAO. So dated. Needs John Travolta on the dance floor.