Two movies I'm looking for

Tools    

Both movies are, I believe, from the 70's

In the first movie, a teenage boy is in reform school. He has a friend who has a big mouth and keeps saying the wrong thing to girls until he tells a girl singer who is singing at their school that she sounds like Janis Joplin. In another scene some of the boys are on leave, and one of the boys gets into a fight with a kid on the street, and then another reform school kid, who has boxing skills intervenes and beats up the punk, seriously injuring him and getting into trouble. The first boy is totally disgusted at the disciplinary measures regarding the boy who beat up the punk, so he steals a VW van, tells one of the officers to shove it and then drives away.

In the second movie, a teenage boy who still lives on the family farm during the late 60's gets caught up in the counterculture. He plays in a band and he's a little bit on the wild side. He gets into trouble and then his dad puts him to work in order to teach hm more responsibility. Finally after a strained relationship between father and son, the father storms into the son's room and kicks his record player to pieces when the boy won't turn his music down. The boy packs up and then heads to california.

I think both movies are MFT, but I'm not sure.

Bump - I'm still looking for those movies. Does anyone know?

Both movies are, I believe, from the 70's

In the first movie, a teenage boy is in reform school. He has a friend who has a big mouth and keeps saying the wrong thing to girls until he tells a girl singer who is singing at their school that she sounds like Janis Joplin. In another scene some of the boys are on leave, and one of the boys gets into a fight with a kid on the street, and then another reform school kid, who has boxing skills intervenes and beats up the punk, seriously injuring him and getting into trouble. The first boy is totally disgusted at the disciplinary measures regarding the boy who beat up the punk, so he steals a VW van, tells one of the officers to shove it and then drives away.

In the second movie, a teenage boy who still lives on the family farm during the late 60's gets caught up in the counterculture. He plays in a band and he's a little bit on the wild side. He gets into trouble and then his dad puts him to work in order to teach hm more responsibility. Finally after a strained relationship between father and son, the father storms into the son's room and kicks his record player to pieces when the boy won't turn his music down. The boy packs up and then heads to california.

I think both movies are MFT, but I'm not sure.
What does MFT stand for?

Made for television

What does MFT stand for?
Muther fu*kin' TIIIIIIIGHT! Everybody knows that.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Fantastic Beasts ... and Ouija

Nope, not even close, but thanks.