Loki (Marvel series)

Tools    

This is a not to miss out trailer

I'm not a super hero fan, but this series looks pretty well done-- at least from the trailer. Will definitely investigate.

First episode is out now. I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Anyone else check it out yet?
yes i did other day its so good i loved it and cant wait for 5 more episodes
loved the show especially loki who is one of my favorites

Really dug the first episode. The setup is wacky, creative, and really makes me wanna see where this goes. Great setup.

Of course, one of the reasons I'm so intrigued is because they're injecting things into the MCU that have the potential to really muck it up long-term (but that had already started, and was always going to happen). But I'm very interested.

You ready? You look ready.
If you like time travel/alternative realities nonsense then sure. Watch it.

I can’t stand that stuff tho because it’s always the same old tropes. Go back and stop x from happening, or restore the flow of time so the universe doesn’t end.

Like time/alternate realities open up so many creative opportunities but no one ever explores them. They just hope on the same train everyone else is riding.

Hopefully this will be different but from what I’ve seen so far I doubt it.

You may be right. There are some hints here they may explore some new ideas or at least have a lot of fun with the concepts, but I agree it's become a little old at most of the time.

If you like time travel/alternative realities nonsense then sure. Watch it.

I can’t stand that stuff tho because it’s always the same old tropes. Go back and stop x from happening, or restore the flow of time so the universe doesn’t end.

I don’t disagree.

Like time/alternate realities open up so many creative opportunities but no one ever explores them.
You’re right. So what angle would you explore? I thought Resolution was pretty original in terms of using the quantum mechanics (as little as there is of that) and space-time continuum rift concepts. But most of them do repeat themselves.

Nah. At least not yet/not exactly. But there are maybe some nods in that direction. Without spoiling anything, there's a way they might be having it both ways. Time will tell if it's well done or not.

Then again, maybe your definition of "nice" will differ from mine.

Nah. At least not yet/not exactly. But there are maybe some nods in that direction. Without spoiling anything, there's a way they might be having it both ways. Time will tell if it's well done or not.

Then again, maybe your definition of "nice" will differ from mine.
Hmm, alright. I am officially intrigued, guess that’s on my list, then.

Re: nice. To elaborate a bit more, he's never felt loathsome to me, even though you can make a case he has been in that he's caused, well, a lot of deaths. So I'm not sure what the baseline good/bad guyness really is. Weird character in that sense.

Also, there've been so many turnabouts where he seems to be nicer and it turns out to be a rouse that it's not even clear what it means if they do start to nod that way more.

Anyway, it's a fair question, since being the star of a show usually requires a level of likability, but I think he's kinda always had that even when he was being a very bad person in the movies, so your mileage may vary. The "you have to like the lead character" thing is also more of an historical thing that we've seen more exceptions to over time, so who knows.

Regardless, the setup here is pretty off the wall, so I would 100% encourage someone to at least watch that first episode before making up their mind.