Things that annoy you...

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
One minor forum irritation: When people are responding to an unusually long post (especially containing pictures or graphics) they don't have to quote the whole darn post. The viewer must then scroll down through the entire post again to read the new comment. Whereas the new poster could simply highlight the unnecessary stuff, and delete it.

But, hey, things are tough all over...
I take this as a quote war CHALLENGE!!
(pretty sure I'm in the wrong thread tho, also this quote is relatively tame so not sure it's really making my threat respectable)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Bad dog owners. Was getting ready to leave for work the other day all of a sudden I see this white flash go running past me. Neighbors dog, Rocky, is out....again. This dog gets out at least once a week because they refuse to fix a hole in their fence and won't leash him when in the backyard. They just open the back door, let Rocky out then they go back inside. So a lady is walking her dog in front of our house and starts yelling at ME - "SIR! SIR! YOUR DOG IS LOOSE! YOU CAN'T LET YOUR DOG OUT WITHOUT A LEASH!" My response:

Rocky is a very high energy dog. Harmless, but nuts. Catching him isn't easy and when you do finally get a leash on him you think he's gonna choke himself. Now, I used to try and track him down but at some point I just got to the **** IT stage! If they don't care, I don't care. A couple minutes later their kid (high schooler) comes strolling through our back yard looking for Rocky. Asks me if I've seen him and yep, I have. Last I saw he was heading towards 60th St. "Did you try to stop him?" Me:

Now I'm the *******, according to him. Sorry, dude but I have to go to work and really don't have time to chase down your dog.

The thing has actually run into our house which doesn't make the cats feel too good. You just open the door and BOOM he darts past you. I know they've paid a couple times to get him back from wherever you take roaming dogs. I think one more time and they lose him. Hate to do it, I actually kind of like Rocky, but...bad dog owners.

Nothing worse. The bane of my life - occasionally - is Thor, a very nice pit bull who lives directly across the street from my 2nd floor bedroom. When Thor is left alone he starts barking & can bark for hours until someone returns to keep him company. This is illegal where I live & calling the police would be the very last thing I want to do. But, occasionally, it’s super-annoying.

I cannot handle even the smell of english peas. then i found they sell individual serving packs of them. with transparent pull-tops so you can see the disgusting demon eggs inside all sloshing around fighting for survival. i found one in mom's cabinet a few weeks ago, packing to move her. gave me chills =\

I cannot handle even the smell of english peas. then i found they sell individual serving packs of them. with transparent pull-tops so you can see the disgusting demon eggs inside all sloshing around fighting for survival. i found one in mom's cabinet a few weeks ago, packing to move her. gave me chills =\
From the photo I thought they were olives without the pimento inside them!
(Or that you found Eddie Murphy annoying.)

When I was little I hated pea soup - I would literally refuse to eat if it was being served.
Now I love it, especially if it's homemade, and really thick with ham hocks stewing in it for hours!

I have a lot of things like that - foods I either loved or hated as a kid that I either loathe or love now!

When I was little I hated pea soup - I would literally refuse to eat if it was being served.
Now I love it, especially if it's homemade, and really thick with ham hocks stewing in it for hours!

I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore.

I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore.

Ever tried to pin down a housecat in a pot of homemade pea soup that's really thick with ham hocks stewing in it for hours?

Believe me, it's not easy!

Recently, my mom made cold macaroni salad (which I love in the summertime, and the stuff they sell in the supermarket is always hit or miss... and when it's "miss" it's awful)...
Anyway, guess what she put in it?
Peas!

English peas? I've never heard them called that before. I just call them peas... But then, I am English.

English peas? I've never heard them called that before. I just call them peas... But then, I am English.
It's said that Hawaiians have many names for each wave type. That the Inuit have many names for each snow type. lol. we here in rural southeastern U.S. have as many names for pea variants.

I was thinking the same thing. Here in the USA on the west coast we just call them peas...I love em, btw, par boiled with a dash of butter and some black pepper.

I dunno, you can't beat a few tinnies and then a nice refreshing pea or two.