Saving Private Ryan lost Best Picture

Tools    

Shakespeare in love may be a good film, but holy cow, Steven Spielberg's war epic movie deserved the Oscar film way more.

Saving Private Ryan would have been a deserving winner. Shakespeare in Love shouldn't have even been nominated for best picture, in my opinion. There were several other films that year that were better than Shakespeare in Love.

Nobody even remembers Shakespeare in Love, let alone mention it as part of their favorite films. I don't understand the Academy and the way they vote sometimes. Saving Private Ryan was absolutely robbed and it's still frustrating that it lost.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
Every time this question comes up, it reminds me that I need to revisit The Thin Red Line.