GOOD NEWS PEOPLE ...

Tools    

Our nextdoor neighbor has a garage band that rehearses about 4 times a week (at pretty much random times) - but due to the shutdown it's been blissfully quiet.

⬆️ So glad for you. Nothing worse than noise pollution.

Idiot neighbor across the street is back with his leaf blower. He can spend hours on his building’s tiny bit of grass.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Anyone noticed Venus in the night sky lately?
We must be really close to it right now - it's like a freakin' spotlight!
It's called a Moon.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Anyone noticed Venus in the night sky lately?
We must be really close to it right now - it's like a freakin' spotlight!

I don't think we've been out after dark in the last few months.

DNKN has extended free donut Fridays through April. Sure they want to get people on the app & in the store, but it’s still nice.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wrote another screenplay. I joined a contest where people are given two criteria to have in the story. I was given SLASHER and TIME TRAVEL.

Logline: “Time travel is now a business and you can revisit your favorite memories, but some memories should be left behind in the past.”

Suspect's Reviews

I got a mask! My mail lady was horrified that I didn’t have a mask. I didn’t want to take one of hers, but she insisted.

I've been wondering about this - we have Optimum (cable), but I've searched their website and there's nothing about free premium channels being made available during the "shutdown" (or even free trials which they sometimes offer).

A couple weeks back I discovered we now have HBO and CineMAX channels - but no On Demand available for them.

When I first discovered this I assumed it was for the shutdown - although the cable co. will sometimes run trial periods (usually about 3 days) for various premium channels.

Then last week I clicked on a SHOwtime channel and found we now have those - the weird thing is we can watch Showtime On-Demand movies, but not the others (HBO & Cinemax) On-Demand.

I got a mask! My mail lady was horrified that I didn’t have a mask. I didn’t want to take one of hers, but she insisted.
I got the same one last night when I picked up at a hospital except it's yellow. I was wearing one already but they wanted me in a new one while I was on the premises.

One good thing I was thinking is for a while there it seemed like there were mass killings every time I turned on the News. I haven't heard much of anything recently.

The cheapest gas in town today was $1.57 / gal. Wow!
(I'm pretty sure the gas prices will go back up once the shutdown ends.)
I don't think the cheaper gasoline has much to do with the quarantines. For several months there has been a glut of oil production resulting in excess reserves and stockpiles. That lowers the price. As I understand it, the U.S. administration and others are in negotiations with other nations to slow production, which will increase prices. It would also allow for U.S. shale producers to fire back up production.

I was going to post something about this man at the beginning of the week. It gives me even greater pleasure to do it now. It's amazing how this has caught peoples imagination.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52316856
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-52321262