Any Economics Geniuses In Here?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was wondering how to frame a question to research, but I'm sure someone in here might already know the answer.

What % of income comes from the country you live in, and elsewhere? Obviously with online sales, payment processors, not to mention how much money comes from intangible services (there's more information selling of information, so shipping is irrelevant, as opposed to sending 5,000 units of x).

I'd love to read every country's average, but also where their earned income comes from.

Don’t all rush in at once.

I'm not an economic genius, but I do work for an economist. I'm not sure I follow the question, though.
I'm just curious say in China (and every other country), the breakdown of each individual's income and where it comes from. Of course, I'd guess a majority comes from the host country, but a good portion might come from the US, North Korea, Russia, etc.. I'd love to know the US numbers. For example, "the average American's income comes mostly from the US at 69%, with Canada at 18%, Mexico at 9%, etc etc."

What would an example of income that comes from another country be? I assume you must be asking about things indirectly, since very few people buy or sell directly to people in other countries. But it's not clear how many layers of abstraction you're thinking of. If I sell something on eBay to someone in Canada that's clear enough, but if I work for a company based in Canada which has an office here...does that? What if I work for a company based in the U.S. but which primarily supplies a European country? And so on.

I follow what you said on a surface level, but I'm not sure how you want it applied.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Someone like me--an author--sells books to people in other countries, so that might qualify, yes? Most of my sales are to folks here in the U.S, but I do have months where the royalties come more from, say, Canada, or the U.K. Two other countries that show up for me regularly are Australia and India.

But we're talking very small percentages of all those other countries. I'd guess the royalties from the U.S. are likely around 90% of my author income.

Someone like my husband, who works at a nuclear power plant and owns five rental properties, sees all of his income coming from U.S. sources. Well, except maybe for some stocks that might be considered international. But those figures are teeny compared to his regular income sources.

What would an example of income that comes from another country be? I assume you must be asking about things indirectly, since very few people buy or sell directly to people in other countries. But it's not clear how many layers of abstraction you're thinking of. If I sell something on eBay to someone in Canada that's clear enough, but if I work for a company based in Canada which has an office here...does that? What if I work for a company based in the U.S. but which primarily supplies a European country? And so on.

I follow what you said on a surface level, but I'm not sure how you want it applied.

Both would "count".. Austruck basically said what I was going to say.. I get most of my money from the US, but there are international purchases of my books and CDs for example, but I'm just one person, and would like to get the average from each country - and from where the import their money, broken down by country, and would love these statistics over time. I would guess more and more come from other countries because more and more we purchase non-tangible goods. So, if I was a consultant for another country, I could sit on my couch and do my work, while they pay me from their respective countries.

You ready? You look ready.
I am a pleb.

100% from day one

Well, I suppose if you count the time I worked at Apple it could be different. I only mention it because they tax sheltered their money in Ireland, so I’m sure my paychecks got laundered.