Satellite ray that makes people violent

Tools    

Hi again. I’m looking for a movie probably released between mid 80’s and mid 90’s where the antagonist gains control of a satellite. He then uses it to beam rays that turn ordinary civilians into a violent raging mob(sort of like the kingsman church scene)

The first target he uses it on, is the scientists from the same lab I think, so the military unit that goes in to stop him, end up having to kill these civilians.

As erroneously mentioned in my previous thread, I used to think for some reason, that the military unit was a mixture of Russian and American ex special forces.

This was definitely a b grade action movie.

freedom~empathy~peace
Well, I've done a bit of searching but I've drawn a blank so far. Can you think of any other details that might be of some help? (I'm a bit surprised this one is proving hard to find).

Thanks for trying scallywag. I also thought it would be pretty easy to find. Unfortunately I don’t have many other details.

I still seem to think the heroic force was a mixture of ex Russian and American soldiers.

Maybe it wasn’t a satellite but I definitely know that the villain had the ability to turn ordinary civilians into fighting machines.

It was definitely an American centric film. I guess I’ll have to binge on b grade action movies.

Thank you anyway.

freedom~empathy~peace
I found a film that's worth a look. It's not a great match, but...it fits the date range (1996) -- it involves an international force (includes Russians) and -- in the trailer for the movie, it shows a crowd of civilians acting violent and psychotic.

Check it out:

That’s an incredible find. Thanks scally. I’m going to check out the full video to see if it is the movie. Even if it isn’t , maybe that plot line of a chemical weapon that turns people into a rage. Will let you know