Sooo...I'm Transgender!!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Hey Mofos,

I figure it's time I bring you all into the fold: I identify as transgender. It was about a year and a half ago that I finally admitted it to myself, and it wasn't until now that I finally became comfortable with telling people.

I'm an open book so—if you want—feel free to ask any question. I will keep you all informed on my transition in this thread.

Cheers!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hey MoFos

I figure it's time I bring you all into the fold: I identify as heterosexual male. It was about twenty and a half ago that I finally admitted it to myself, and it wasn't until now that I finally became comfortable with telling people.

I'm an open book so—if you want—feel free to ask any question.

Cheers!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Thanks for sharing, Kendra.

I'm pretty sure that would be agender not transgender.
I would think someone would only "identify" as male or female (since those are the two definitive genders on the opposite ends of the spectrum and for which we have established biological and social roles). But if someone identifies as "transgender" it sounds like they identify as neither sex, but as something in between.

This is just a terminology question for clarity.

Hey Mofos,

I figure it's time I bring you all into the fold: I identify as transgender. It was about a year and a half ago that I finally admitted it to myself, and it wasn't until now that I finally became comfortable with telling people.

I'm an open book so—if you want—feel free to ask any question. I will keep you all informed on my transition in this thread.

Cheers!!
I only have one thing to say....

I wish you a happy life It can't be easy for you, hopefully your family and friends are supportive.

This might just do nobody any good.
Hey Mofos,

Cheers!!
Be yourself. It does take bravery to do so, so be strong as well.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I for one would love to see PICS of your transition. If you would be so inclined of course.

Congrats on opening up to us. I can only speak for myself, but you have my support.

Have you told family members? How have your friends/family taken it?

Suspect's Reviews

You ready? You look ready.
Hi John!
Question: if you "identify" as transgender does that mean you do not identify as either male or female?
I would think someone would only "identify" as male or female (since those are the two definitive genders on the opposite ends of the spectrum and for which we have established biological and social roles for). But if someone identifies as "transgender" it sounds like they identify as neither sex, but as something in between.

This is just a terminology question for clarity.
Definitely a valid question. I fluctuate between masculine and feminine at times, but I definitely feel more feminine. So when I say I am transgender I mean that how I feel doesn't match my physical traits and how I am perceived in the world.

I for one would love to see PICS of your transition. If you would be so inclined of course.

Congrats on opening up to us. I can only speak for myself, but you have my support.

Have you told family members? How have your friends/family taken it?
I will be posting pictures at some point. I haven't started hormones yet, so I still look like good ole MattJohn.

And yes, Yoda, you can still call me MattJohn.

Welcome to the site
We now have definitive proof that MattJohn doesn't come around here enough any more.

the only thing I care about is whether or not you like musicals.
"I'm transgender."
"k."
"La La Land was overrated."
"FREAK."

Welcome to the site...how you identify yourself is pretty much a non-issue to me, the only thing I care about is whether or not you like musicals.
JohnMcClane's been here for years. Just usually in the shoutbox instead of on the forum.

BTW, McClane, should we use female pronouns for you now or stay with the male ones?

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Looking forward to seeing your avatars morph, along with the hormones.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Welcome to the site...how you identify yourself is pretty much a non-issue to me, the only thing I care about is whether or not you like musicals.
McClane has been here longer than me!!!!