10 Scenes That Move Me, Break Me And Make Me Cry

Tools    

10. About Schmidt - Ndugu's Letter

This one always gets me. Nicholson thinks that he hasn't achieved anything good in his life, the letter proves otherwise.

Care for some gopher?
Wasn't a huge fan of the movie but i completely agree with you on this scene.

Kathy Bates's nude scene in About Schmidt broke my ability to get an erection for awhile. Other than that, I didn't get anything out of that movie.

Great call on The Iron Giant. Heartbreaking scene. It gets me every time.

Not seen Zulu.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Sci-Fi Slob watches a movie. Then, the movie says:

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Good choices. That scene is About Schmidt is a heartbreaker. Doesn't take much for me to cry in films, so I'm probably going to agree with all of your picks!

It is an underrated film, it's true. I've not seen it since I saw it at the cinema, but I remember it as a very rich film visually, all that dark, rain and mist. Conrad Hall, brilliant cinematographer.

Okay, let me think for a moment...I think that the most moving ending I ever seen was in the film 'On Her Majesty`s Secret Service'. It seems to me that it`s one of those moments which can make you cry if you are sensitive enough.

Two Stephen King stories in the top four
I liked your list SFS. I made my daughter in law stay up really late watching The Green Mile on holidays a few weeks back and she cried too. I love the ending of Shawshank, it's just perfect.