The Sci-Fi Slob's Top 250 Greatest Films

→ in
Tools    

The only one I've seen from the last set is A History of Violence. I liked it but was hoping to love it. I still think I could with another viewing.

Dead End I've wanted to see for the last couple of years simply because of Ray Wise. I don't remember Prince Of Darkness being any good at all. Is if fun good for you or do you think it's good? I've not seen it since I hired it back in the 80's and watched it just that once. I literally have no memory of watching it and just the feeling that it was crap. Strangely, I remember renting it because I was excited to see it. I liked A History Of Violence and should give it another watch. I didn't like it as much as many others here did, though I still liked it more than Eastern Promises.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Now this list appears to be more up my street; I'm not envisaging too much art house popping up.

Favourite film so far, and by a distance, is The Faculty. I'm one of those people on here who really loves it. Not sure I can say why exactly I love it so much but have done ever since the first time I saw it. It's got one of the most incredible and unique casts I've ever seen. I also really like Brick, Enemy at the Gates, Rumble in the Bronx and The Negotiator. There were so many great action films and thrillers in the 90s that the sheer number means some are always going to get forgotten and overlooked, and I think The Negotiator is certainly one of them. Cracking film.

Also quite a few films I fancy seeing at some point. Virgin Suicides and History of Violence I've wanted to watch for a while. Bone Collector is just the kind of fun thriller I like so think I'd enjoy it. And I'd like to see Prince of Darkness one day just because I like/love a great many of John Carpenter's films

Great list i am not huge Sci-Fi but anyway

Damn, haven't seen neither of those. Only like 10 minutes of Side Effects. :/

Oh, bout that previous set... I love A History of Violence, fantastic film. And I really wanna watch Dead End!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not seen Breakdown or Side Effects but wouldn't mind seeing either. However Galaxy Quest I absolutely adore. Terrific little film

Care for some gopher?
I've neither seen Galaxy Quest nor Breakdown. Side Effects was not bad.

Only one I've seen of the last six is Breakdown. It was okay, to me it was one of those average action-thriller films.

Always wanted to see A History of Violence.

Aside from A History of Violence, which I liked a lot, I can't comment much on the actual films here. Great layout though, as usual. It's quite similar to what I have in mind for the 60s list

that would be the movie Gamer. Really good movie.

Not seen Dead End or Prince of Darkness.

A History of Violence is a movie I need to revisit. I liked it and I thought the performances in it were very strong, but I'm kinda like cricket in the sense that I felt that the film contained many elements that should make me love it, yet I felt kinda . . . underwhelmed.

Galaxy Quest is a lot of fun and an example of a parody done right. I haven't seen Breakdown since I was ten years old, but I liked it back then. Side Effects was decent.

I'm gonna have to abandon the elaborate layout because it's just gonna take to long.

John Carpenter's Vampires

Scream

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Master of My Domain
Just thinking of Tucker and Dale vs. Evil makes me

Scream is awesome too.

Hurry up with this list!