Best Animated Feature Oscar 2015

Tools    

Oscar's Best Animated Feature will be...?
28.57%
8 votes
BIG HERO 6
7.14%
2 votes
THE BOXTROLLS
57.14%
16 votes
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2
3.57%
1 votes
SONG OF THE SEA
3.57%
1 votes
THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA
28 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The five nominees...

Big Hero 6
The Boxtrolls
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Song of the Sea
The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Your eyes do not deceive you: The Lego Movie was eligible, but did not make the cut. Neither did The Book of Life. Which of these five brings home the Oscar?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I have seen 3, and they are all fine. The Lego movie was so good and so much fun though. What a shame. My reluctant vote goes to HTTYD2.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm going to go with The Lego Movie as well. Even if it wasn't nominated. I'm still not sure how that can have happened.

Master of My Domain
The Lego Movie.
Before best animated film nomination -> good cop
After best animated film nomination -> bad cop

I have seen "Big Hero 6", "The Boxtrolls" and "How To Train Your Dragon 2"... so I guess I would say "Big Hero 6" is my pick out of them...

I'm definitely going to watch The Tale of Princess Kaguya one of the upcoming days. It's been on my watchlist the whole year. It looks absolutely stunning!

How did The Lego Movie not get nominated? I thought it was okay, but assumed it was a lock for at least a nomination if not the award.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya was great. The Boxtrolls was good. How to Train a-again was not. Haven't seen the other two but Song of the Sea was directed by the guy who did The Secret of Kells, so that's optimistic.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
My choice was always Big Hero 6, but even I disapprove of The Lego Movie not being nominated. At least "Everything Is Awesome" got nominated.

Also, I did not know this site had a Twitter account!

Who the hell is a fan of the Oscars? Maybe the ceremony, but even diehards like Gideon who only seems to rate movies in terms of Oscars won or should've won, mainly creates threads about how much he's pissed at the Oscars . All i think of it is the extravagant, fun end to the (limited) awards Season.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lego Movie I think is a bigger shock and snub than Selma in its respective categories.

That would have gotten my vote, instead I give it to Dragon

Suspect's Reviews

Best Animated Movies 2014