The Bakers Dozen Music Game Thread

Tools    

13 Songs That Sample Dialogue From A Movie (list the song, artist, dialogue, and movie)

1. Psalm 69 - Ministry ("Stop it!" from Suspiria)
2. Far Too Frail - Skinny Puppy ("But they're alive! They're human beings!" from Shadow of a Doubt)
3. Scooby Snacks - Fun Loving Criminals (Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs dialogue sampled)
4. Någonting Är Jävligt Fel - Shining ("Wrists are for girls. I'm slitting my throat. You should definitively hang." - Ginger Snaps)
5. Regressor - Circle of Dust ("It's a killer and I saw it!" - Robocop 2)
6. Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite (various Sergio Leone movies, incl G,B&U 'Tuco's crimes' scene)
7. Madonna - White Heat ("A copper! How do you like that boys? A copper! And we went for it, I went for it. Treated him like a kid brother. And I was gonna split fifty-fifty with a copper..." from White Heat, voice of James Cagney)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

13 Songs That Sample Dialogue From A Movie (list the song, artist, dialogue, and movie)

2. Far Too Frail - Skinny Puppy ("But they're alive! They're human beings!" from Shadow of a Doubt)
3. Scooby Snacks - Fun Loving Criminals (Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs dialogue sampled)
4. Någonting Är Jävligt Fel - Shining ("Wrists are for girls. I'm slitting my throat. You should definitively hang." - Ginger Snaps)
6. Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite (various Sergio Leone movies, incl G,B&U 'Tuco's crimes' scene)
7. Madonna - White Heat ("A copper! How do you like that boys? A copper! And we went for it, I went for it. Treated him like a kid brother. And I was gonna split fifty-fifty with a copper..." from White Heat, voice of James Cagney)
8. One - Metallica (uses numerous excerpts from 'Johnny Got His Gun')

9. Through The Loop - Pendulum ("There's no Earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing, is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing and they’re certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing." from Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory)

9. Through The Loop - Pendulum (lines from Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory)
10. George Michael - Too Funky ("I am not trying to seduce you...would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?" - The Graduate, voice of Anne Bancroft)

10. George Michael - Too Funky ("I am not trying to seduce you...would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?" - The Graduate, voice of Anne Bancroft)
11. You Know What You Are - Ministry (Laughter and "You know what you are...?" from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

11. You Know What You Are - Ministry (Laughter and "You know what you are...?" from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
12. Money, Power, Woman - Ice-T (Scarface "First you get the money" speech)

Welcome to the human race...

12. Money, Power, Woman - Ice-T (Scarface "First you get the money" speech)
13. Liquid Swords - GZA ("When I was little, my father was famous" speech from Shogun Assassin)

Someone else pick the next topic.

13 albums you would recommend to someone unfamiliar with a band/musician as a good place to start

1. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

13 albums you would recommend to someone unfamiliar with a band/musician as a good place to start

2. Billy Joel - The Stranger

3. Cocteau Twins - Treasure

4. David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

5. The Beatles - Red & Blue Albums

6. The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole

0]The Beatles - Red & Blue Albums

Would agrue as these are compilation albums that this defeats the purpose of the thread, otherwise why wouldn't simply go, 'Best of' all the time? :/

7, Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

7. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
8. R.E.M. - Automatic For The People

9. Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind

10. AC/DC - Back In Black

11. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus

12. Cigarettes After Sex - Cigarettes After Sex

12. Cigarettes After Sex - Cigarettes After Sex