The Martian

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
So glad this is getting good reviews. Ridley Scott is back!

The book was alright, just that it had every opportunity to delve into the psyche of a person in this situation and instead barely even touched on it. Should be a decent movie, though, good to see in theaters.
I enjoyed the book although I do agree with you. It seemed to be pretty obviously written with an eye on a film.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Had no plans to see this, in spite of being a big fan of Ridley Scott. I just don't care for Damon. I was asked to go see it with someone.

That said, I will probably love this film, because I will have built up no mountain of expectation for it .

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Weird that Damon is playing a marooned astronaut immediately following playing a marooned astronaut in a different film.

Also Chastain being in it too after Interstellar.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Donald Glover is what I'm hitching my wagon to, besides Scott's mastery of the sci-fi aesthetic.

movie got released in india on friday . went to see the movie at my regular multiplex today and hoped to write review later but all tickets were sold out . this inspite being very highly priced at the multiplex due to sunday .

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Festival buzz is strong. 94% on Rotten Tomatoes and people calling for Damon to get awards consideration. Hopes are high.
Sitting at 94% still on RT after 200+ reviews. Ridley still got it, who knew?

Also Sicario sitting at 93% after 100+ reviews.

Looks like the above 2 could be best 2 big movies of the year. (hopefully Star Wars gets same score or higher)

Sitting at 94% still on RT after 200+ reviews. Ridley still got it, who knew?

Also Sicario sitting at 93% after 100+ reviews.

Looks like the above 2 could be best 2 big movies of the year. (hopefully Star Wars gets same score or higher)
They can't be the best 2 big movies of the year because Mad Max and Inside Out are above both of them (and I would strongly dispute calling Sicario "big"), but realistically I think both should be Best Picture contenders.

I haven't read the book so I don't have anything to prejudge it on I look forward to watching the film with an open mind should be good.

The book was alright, just that it had every opportunity to delve into the psyche of a person in this situation and instead barely even touched on it.
Completely agree. The movie was just as bad, as I said in my recent review of it. Though, I still gave it 4/5, but that was my biggest complaint -- it completely ignores the emotional impact of being stranded on Mars.

I actually find the movie very unbelievable. In real life, I doubt someone would save themselves the way Matt Damon's character did. He's instantly at work on growing crops and trying to survive. It's like he's Superman on Mars. I think a real person stranded on Mars wouldn't bother to live. I think a real person would kill themselves. And you could make a movie about that, but not a Hollywood blockbuster.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
There was certain things i enjoyed about this movies and certain things i hated. I hated how there was no emotionial attachment to Matt Damons characters. No back story of whats back home or what he could be leaving behind. Same goes for the crew that travel back for him. They could of really pulled on the heart strings with a little more depth into there personal lives.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "