Horace and Pete

Tools    

Anybody watch this? It's astounding. Laurie Metcalfs monologue in episode 3 was one of the most amazingly acted and crafted pieces of tv I've seen for a long while.

Recommend it highly. But NO SPOILERS as I'm only on episode 5.!

I watched all of its 10 episodes and you're right. It's one of the best things made in years.

It's possibly Louis C.K.'s most impressive accomplishment in his already extremely impressive career.

I watched all of its 10 episodes and you're right. It's one of the best things made in years.

It's possibly Louis C.K.'s most impressive accomplishment in his already extremely impressive career.
Fantastic isn't it. A really intriguing and extraordinary piece of tv. I think there is more planned too, once Louis manages to sell it to a Network.

I hope he stays away from this specific series, though, because I think it's absolutely perfect as it is now. I was able to get two friends of mine to watch it too and they also thought the ending was just right. He has to go on and find something new to creatively express himself in.

I heard he was focusing on a new stand-up show now? Well, I definitely can't wait to see the next thing he does! He's reaching creative heights that very few people are reaching these days.

Never heard of it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Never heard of it.

Created by Louis CK (produces, directs, writes, stars) with Steve Buscemi, Rene Russo, Alan Alda, Stephen Wright. Laurie Metcalf plays his ex-wife, Edie Falco plays his sister and there's a few other good guests, including at least one from the FX show "Louie", but I'm only on #4 (there are 10 episodes, just one season)..

I don't watch TV shows, either. There's only a handful I've seen and even though I'm a big fan of Louis CK, I didn't like the first episode, and it took 3 years for me to resume and give it another chance.

Wow, terrific cast. Will have to check it out.
There's actually many more surprises. I couldn't believe some of the "stars" who made an appearance on an episode or two.

I just finished the 10 episodes. I highly recommend it. There's a lot of honest conversations, sometimes awkward, but that's life.

I think this series will appeal to dramatic theater devotees. The project is interesting for a number of reasons. Its approach seems innovative today-- harking back to the earlier days of TV, filming live stage dramas without audiences. It's impressive that C.K. was able to attract such name talent; as it was laudable for that talent to participate in something of which must be way below their typical fees. The acting itself is first class.

Yet for a series written by a comedian, there was no humor-- maybe a laugh or two, a couple of smiles. The story and scenes are bleak, foul, and depressing, with little let-up. To my taste it doesn't meet my personal threshold criteria for entertainment.

I lasted through the first episode despite the urge to bail once or twice. Granted the show might get more appealing as it goes on, based upon some of the previous comments. But It'll be near the bottom of series for me to re-visit; and only then when I'm in a protective good mood.

~Doc

I think this series will appeal to dramatic theater devotees. The project is interesting for a number of reasons. It's approach seems innovative today-- harking back to the earlier days of TV, filming live stage dramas without audiences. It's impressive that C.K. was able to attract such name talent; as it was laudable for that talent to participate in something of which must be way below their typical fees. The acting itself is first class.

Yet for a series written by a comedian, there was no humor-- maybe a laugh or two, a couple of smiles. The story and scenes are bleak, foul, and depressing, with little let-up. To my taste it doesn't meet my personal threshold criteria for entertainment.

I lasted through the first episode despite the urge to bail once or twice. Granted the show might get more appealing as it goes on, based upon some of the previous comments. But It'll be near the bottom of series for me to re-visit; and only then when I'm in a protective good mood.

~Doc

I stopped watching this after the first episode. But since there's nothing else, I thought I'd watch further episodes, and was hooked.