The Resident Bitch's Movie Log

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to do that, especially since I've been meaning to redo it.
33/50

Noticed i've came across a few of them on Netflix like School Ties and watched them because of you. Stop subconsciously influencing me damnit

Mental math is not my forte.
haha. Had to quote that before you noticed .

Yeah there are quite a few there i want to see. Was surprised by some of the placements there, not sure if they would still be the same. Like Pirates of the Caribbean at 15 or something. I knew you really like that but i didn't know that much. Catch Me If You Can in the top 50 as well, had no idea you even liked that, it is honestly probably my favourite Spielberg.

I actually realized my error before I saw your quote, but it was too late.

I do still love Pirates and Catch Me If You Can, but not sure how high they'd rank now since I haven't watched either in awhile. Maybe I'll actually do another list. Maybe.

On that note, I'm looking through my collection right now to compile a list and am wondering why I own some of this *****, but am too much of a movie hoarder to do anything about it.

On that note, I'm looking through my collection right now to compile a list and am wondering why I own some of this *****, but am too much of a movie hoarder to do anything about it.
Definitely do one. I'm curious where the Bergmans will turn up, and also if Eraserhead is top 15 or top 5.

Temporary madness? Sleep deprivation? Some idiot told you to?

Put me down in the 'would love to see a new top 50' column.

Escape From New York (John Carpenter, 1981)
Imdb

Date Watched: 05/09/16
Cinema or Home: Home
Reason For Watching: Iro
Rewatch: No

I grew up watching a fair amount of 80s action flicks, but for whatever reason this wasn't one of them. As with many films of this type, you've got the badass hero, or anti-hero as it were, with his signature lines kicking ass and saving the day. There's also a fair helping of cheese, some very dated effects, and a touch of camp to top it off.

From what I can see, there really isn't much to set this apart from (and certainly nothing to set it above) other films of the decade like The Road Warrior or Die Hard, but it's got a cool main character, a lot of atmosphere, and is entertaining enough for what it is.

-

I feel like I'm gazing into the infinite.

Centurion (Neil Marshall, 2010)
Imdb

Date Watched: 05/12/16
Reason For Watching: I have some interest in films set in ancient Rome.

I love a good swords and sandals flick. I don't think I'd heard of this, but the cover looked interesting so I picked it up from the library on a whim.

The makers of Centurion seem to believe that some nice scenery, pretty ladies, an over abundance of blood and gore, and a shoe horned in romance make up for an uninteresting story and lack of character development. They don't.

-

I have to return some videotapes.
I just caught up and gave you a nice batch of rep.

I want to see Zootopia, Inside Out, Her, and Escape from LA/NY really bad but just havent had the time for any of them

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I know it's a 2 star minus review, but somehow I still want to watch Michael Fassbender dressed as a Roman, um, I mean Centurion...

Maps to the Stars (David Cronenberg, 2014)
Imdb

Date Watched: 05/13/16
Reason For Watching: John Cusack

(Warning: Possible Spoilers Ahead)

Basically this is a movie about a bunch of vapid, soulless Hollywood types - that are all connected to each other - doing horrible, soulless things to each other and to other people in an attempt to get ahead. There is backstabbing, incest, sex out of spite, murder, suicide, schizophrenia, hallucinations, and psychosis. A child is nearly strangled to death. A dog is killed during a game with a revolver. None of the central characters have a single redeeming quality.

It’s bizarre, darkly funny at times and very unsettling throughout. I don’t know if I liked it, exactly, but it was a mesmerizing and disturbing watch.

+

I forgot that film even existed. I want to see it.
I'd forgotten about it, too. I just happened to spot it while I was browsing at the library.

Caveman (Carl Gottlieb, 1981)
Imdb

Date Watched: 05/13/16
Reason For Watching: Sexy's Guilty Pleasure Countdown got me wanting to watch it again.
Rewatch: Yes

Caveman is a really stupid movie and if I hadn't grown up watching it, I'd probably hate it. Then again, how could an 80s comedy about cavemen that features Ringo Starr in the lead not be stupid?

That said, I did grow up with its silly stupidity - poop jokes, fart jokes, sex jokes, and terrible stop motion animation - and damned if I don't love it anyway.

+