Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This movie has me rolling on the floor no matter how many times I watch it...I love Ricky's "Baby Jesus" blessing of the meal, Ricky's on track meltdown when he thinks he's on fire, and the re-training sequences with Ricky and his dad (Gary Cole, in an inspired comic turn). First rate comic entertainment...still.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

3 from Hell (Rob Zombie, 2019)

The latest installment of Zombie's "Firefly" Series, following House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects shows the fate of the Firefly Family set ten years after the end of TDR. I enjoyed it thanks to great performances by Bill Moseley as Otis and Sheri Moon Zombie as Baby. Sid Haig resorts to a cameo as Captain Spaulding with Game of Thrones' Richard Brake as Baby and Otis' half-brother Foxy, who is as demented as his siblings.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy 2011 Directed by Tomas Alfredson

Let the Right One In ‘Låt den rätte komma in’ 2008 Directed by Tomas Alfredson

+

Welcome to the human race...
Weathering With You -

Gotta admit, Japan choosing this as their submission for a Best Foreign-Language Oscar (as opposed to just a Best Animated Feature Oscar) is definitely a weird flex.

Last move I watched was Tyrannosaur, discovered it on Amazon Prime and thought I'd check it out as I heard a lot of positive buzz about the movie. Really enjoyed the movie, highly recommend it to anyone who's not seen it yet and into character movies.

The Last Command (Josef von Sternberg, 1928)
+
Ivan idea I'm gonna have to think long and hard as to whether this makes my list for the upcoming countdown

The Wedding March (Erich von Stroheim, 1928)
+
Too self-indulgent for my taste, doubt aisle be putting this one on that list

Rambo -

hoo boy, at this rate I'm probably going to hate Last Blood
I plan on making my way through these before the new movie releases... never seen them, i know, shock.

Re-watch of an excellent movie. Not for the faint of heart or the squeamish. (That would be me.)

Echo in the Canyon (2018)

Someone had mentioned this doc awhile back, perhaps @lenslady. It's a rather short film (82 mins.) supposedly about the early Laurel Cayon (NW of Hollywood) music scene, but it really only features the mid-sixties early folk/rock people like Mammas/Papas, The Byrds, Buff. Springfield and a couple others.

It's hosted/narrated by Jakob Dylan (Bob's son), who unfortunately has the personality of a half glass of stale Pepsi. Yet the interviewees, like Lou Adler, Crosby, Clapton, Brian Wilson, are interesting enough, and they do manage to document the beginnings of the folk/rock movement, which then spread the world over.

The problem is that it rather holds itself out as a doc on the general Laurel Cyn music scene, but yet it leaves out a bunch of guys who lived there like John Mayall, Zappa, yours truly, early Beefheart, Eric Burdon, The Animals, and bunches of side men, among others.

They also could have done a little more with Laurel Canyon's geographical significance and position. Otherwise it's not too bad, and they do feature a fair amount of music.
Doc's rating: 6/10

Child's Play (2019) - 5.5/10
Was a fan of the original versions 1 & 2, the others were good for a laugh but the newest remake is a let down for me.