I'm Becoming a Fabulous Atheist

Tools    

My niece says this all the time - she's five years old.
She says you're a religious delusionist who also tries to hide the fact he's a Homophobic bigot?!

Wow...Tough 5 year old you got there.

Coming soon, to a theater near you...

Well ****ing do it then!

But don't expect much love in return from Yoda, such things are sinful (Although judging by many Priests, Bishops, Clerics and Vicars...you could be in luck).

You see Honeykid puts it right (wow, for a supposed Atheist you sure do love defending religion McClane!).

Evil acts will always happen without religion.
But there would be an awful lot less of them without it (and as Honey said...It's not like anyone in 2010 NEEDS the damn stuff either) and, for me, most importantly these acts would not be considred righteous and worse...Justified!

I'll simply quote myself. Because I'm ****ing good.

All kinds of bad things can happen or go wrong for a person.
But most (indeed if not all) those other things are not deemed worthy of respect, are not socially accepted, appeased, defended or even protected!

Someone mugs my daughter and no holy man in a holy place or so called community leaders will defend and apologise for it!
Or hold parades in praise of the mugger and her mugging!!

People can weasel and disgracefully apologise for religion all they want...but when the devout (**** pick and choose merchants as they simply do not represent their religion. Simple as that) carry out acts and specifically quote from their religion to back those acts up and excuse them...that religion is at fault, NOT JUST the person.

Take Australia last year or the year before when a Muslim man accused of beating his Wife used the fact the the Quran directly said it was right for him to do so as his legal defence!

Shia Muslim men in Afghanistan voted on the right to rape and refuse food to their wives only last year specifically because Islam, in the Quran and the Hadiths, says they can if their wives do not agree to sex whenever the man wants it.

Directly because their Prophet (who also slaughtered Jewish tribes) married a 9 year old girl...Child marriage in Islamic countries is a huge, widespread, socially and legally accepted practice and problem.
RIGHT NOW a...wait for it...12 year old girl is fighting to divorce her 80 year old Husband (and Cousin of her Father) in Saudi!!
The same Saudi that's the most exporting state as far as pushing Islam in The West goes has no legal minimum age for marriage. Nice.

Basic figures, official figures, in the UK has hundreds of girls around the age of 12 suddenly vanishing from school records because they get shipped off to marry abroad.
Muslims explicitly bring up what their Prophet did as justification for child marriage!
That's the religion itself!
No matter how much appeasers and apologists (as bad as any Jihadist as they help smooth the way) try to dodge this basic, in black and white, historical fact.

And why would almost no action be taken against such events, that break the Law of the country?
Because it's a religious practice!

As we have seen this week in the UK the first Sikh judge shows his true religiously fanatic colours be saying that Sikh boys at school (Schoolchildren!) should be allowed to carry their ceremonial knives to school!
That specifically break numerous Laws of this country that EVERYONE ELSE has to abide by...but it's also a farce as far as basic common sense goes!
Again...Ancient religion not only screams to be obeyed, but asks to be treated differently from anyone else in the country.

And really, please don't go on about closed minds. As there is nothing more closed than a mind that believes GOD is on their side.

And Yoda...as for dodging things, you no all about that, as if you are devout to your religion you do indeed condemn Homosexuals and do it because you think your invisible being says it's righteous to do so!
Hey, I know what you are...You should accept it too.
Obviously one needn't be religious to be seething with anger and hate.

Female Jungle Poster
I get that way when I stub my toe.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

And that's it is it? No points made, no reaction to disgraceful events and practices...just smart mouth ******** because i dared to say anything.
While people like you say and do nothing out of fear and ******** indoctrination that makes you think such things should be respected, protected and just hushed up.

Anger? Damn right...and anyone who isn't angry and such things should look in the mirror and ask themselves why.

Hate? Yeah I hate such events and practices....DON'T YOU!?

****ing pricks.

If some white, non-religious person did even half of these things pseudo-liberal jokes like you would be all over them.
Add a tan and a religion though and you not only stick your tail between you legs...you bow down too!

Weak, cowardly, spineless hypocrites, appeasers and apologists.

"And that's it is it? No points made,"
exactly
Oh look, it's the 'fat dude in a dress floating around clouds' guy.
"Born from an egg on a mountain top! Monkey is funky..."

Appeasers. Such a foul stench.

You want to post like me?
Oh look, it's the 'fat dude in a dress floating around clouds' guy.
"Born from an egg on a mountain top! Monkey is funky..."

Appeasers. Such a foul stench.
Speaking of making points... Good one.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This may be completely unprecedented, but now 42SF just insullted one of the oldest guys on the site. He's gotta be at least 66 and I truly don't believe he believes in God although his son died trying to save others. But at least rufnek is respectful.

This is my point: is there anyway to ban 42nd, who's dying for it and therefore should not get it for the whole site, from any threads other than Movies? I mean, I realize that he can say anything he wants anywhere as long as he's allowed to post. But maybe, 42nd, you can get more into movies, please? Trust me, there are atheists at least as strong as you on the site, but they participate and don't spend all their time badmouthing people, especially when some of us actually care about your thoughts on movies.

You ready? You look ready.
What can you expect from an idiot? Nothing.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

42nd, why are you quoting "Monkey"?

BTW, Monkey is, indeed, funky.
Because he flies around on his pink cloud around big fat man/woman Buddha's head and huge hands.
This is science.
TV does not lie.

Okay.....I'll apologise.

If I insulted anyone for no good reason I am sorry.
If I insulted people who damn well deserved it... I'm still happy.

The fact is....I have mentioned things that any right minded person should be disgusted and angry about.
And yet....All i have had from post one is shrouded abuse for daring to tackle any and all religious dogma, abuse, atrocity, hypocrisy and privilege because it seems so many hypocrites think it is shielded and something to be tip-toed around.

Why? You wouldn't tip-toe around any non-religious belief that did and said the things religion does. So why is it different?
Because you're hypocrites!

And yes....when I see the battle being lost not because of a stronger enemy but because of so many people refusing to even think about doing anything...I get damn angry.
And since I had my daughter I get damn angry with an extra ****ing damn.

And I am sorry to Rufnek.
But it's his kind of answer that annoys me.
Re-read what I posted about things that have happened and are happening , and above all being ALLOWED to happen.
Whether you hate me or not....How can anyone at all not find these things wrong!
And yet....all it gets is 'Obviously one needn't be religious to be seething with anger and hate.'?

WTF!
So nothing about kids being allowed by religious privilege to carry daggers to school.
Nothing about children vanishing from school records to be married off.
Nothing about parades and holy place preaching in favour of mass murder.
Nothing about child sexual abuse with holy blessing.
Nothing about 21st century people, in direct word of their belief, voting to rape and punish wives for not wanting sex all the time.

Nothing to say about that! Oh no!
None of that matters.
None of that matters because it's to be respected.

Really? You would rather slag me off more than you want to criticise such atrocity?!!
That puts other people to shame. Not me!
And man, I guess you have no idea how ****ing frustrating such an attitude is!

Fine.
Like I said, our children, MY children, will be the ones to live in this dark ages religious hell we're letting grow and grow around us.
That may not annoy you (even if you are parents it seems...Nice) but it does and always will annoy the **** out of me!
Call me a caring ****.

But I am sincerely sorry for some of the rather scattergun abuse and anger.
And that's all you're going to get.

If it's enough that's up to you.
I have more important concerns...shame so many of you on here DON'T.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak
All i have had from post one is shrouded abuse for daring to tackle any and all religious dogma, abuse, atrocity, hypocrisy and privilege because it seems so many hypocrites think it is shielded and something to be tip-toed around.
That's possibly because you call anyone who doesn't think exactly as you do a hypocrite. (PS you're not 'tackling' anything. You're on a message board.)

I pondered responding to your latest diatribe, but there's really very little point. You ignore the numerous occasions where people concur with serious religion-based issues you raise, seem incapable of discussing them in anything other than 'smite the believer' terms, and lose it completely when anyone points out flaws in your arguments (and/or refuses to concur with your apparent 'get rid of all religions' 'solution').

In short, you're not looking for a discussion. You're looking for people to nod slavishly and then get their pitchfork. So why should anyone respond?

Yes but Golgot...You were included in this bit.
If I insulted people who damn well deserved it... I'm still happy.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Oh yes, I forgot, I'm an 'appeaser' aren't I. Because I point out when you've fantasised graveyard bulldozings etc. Bad appeaser, bad. Trying to stop lovely 42nd from believing in the things that don't exist

Happy New Year from Philly!
Let me leaven the proceedings and introduce you to a cartoon series I found about two strange bed fellow; Jesus and Mo (that is short for Mohammed). They discuss modern day religious practice along with the occasional interjection from an invisible atheistic barmaid.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/

That should lighten things up.

*that should appease them for awhile. muwahaha*

Trying to stop lovely 42nd from believing in the things that don't exist
Nooooo...i think you'll find I'm the one trying to point out the folly of believing in things that don't exist. You know, those lovely God things.

And you can bleat on about one debunk...but that can be replaced by a hundred other truths. Far worse.

And living near the abject shame of 'Londonistan', that place that was once the Capital City of my country before it became a 3rd world, dark ages trapped, Islamist terrorist training camp and recruitment centre, you should know that.
But of course you do know it. Don't yer.