What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Finally spent my 30 dollars worth of gift card on Amazon. They have awesome stuff for less than 10 bucks (which each of these were).

- Barry Lyndon
- Prince of the City (2-disc)
- Badlands
- To Have and Have Not
- Serpico

for christmas i got:
the 4400 hundred-season 2
batman begins on blu ray
ben 10 Alien force vloume1,2, and 3
hotle for dogs

i brought
the terminator 1 on blu ray
rode house blu ray
american ninja 5
action man
kate and allie season one
charles in charge season one
justice leauge unlimted season 2
Spider-man 3 blu ray
dare devil and fanstic four rise of the sliver surfer on blu ray
Eagle eye on blu ray
lord of the rings return of the king

The People's Republic of Clogher
That depends on which version of Insomnia he bought. The remake is ok, but the original is very good.
The remake is still my favourite Nolan film. Faint praise and all that but, hey.

I refer the honourable gentlepeople to post 4127...

I'm hitting Amazon hard at the moment - their Blu Ray prices are excellent. This one was under 8 quid.

I liked Three Burials too.
Last dvd I bought was the Blu Ray of Let the Right One In . I bought it for my brother's girlfriend cos she likes those Twilight vampire films . Thought she might like one that's a little darker, with a little more bite
My brother and me nearly always disagree about films so maybe I'll have it back if they don't like it!

I liked Three Burials too.
Last dvd I bought was the Blu Ray of Let the Right One In . I bought it for my brother's girlfriend cos she likes those Twilight vampire films . Thought she might like one that's a little darker, with a little more bite
My brother and me nearly always disagree about films so maybe I'll have it back if they don't like it!
That sounds like something the youngest Soprano did (like loads here I got the boxset for Christmas - blame HMV and their half price sales ) when he bought Donnie Darko (possibly, something equally inappropriate anyway) for his mum.

That sounds like something the youngest Soprano did (like loads here I got the boxset for Christmas - blame HMV and their half price sales ) when he bought Donnie Darko (possibly, something equally inappropriate anyway) for his mum.
haahaa. I'm just handing out a little education!
You've seen the Sopranos before though haven't you? I'm just working my way through them again with youngest son as he was too young to appreciate it when me and the eldest watched it the first time around. We're just about to start Series 6, so I'm gonna miss it all over again in a couple of weeks time. Never mind we'll have Lost to occupy us by then!

Cheap deal, one of my favourite Charles Bronson films

Great stuff! Can;t beat a bit o' melon farming. And a great cast of heavies.

Just thought I should alert anyone with a blu-ray set up that Zatoichi/Sonatine double feauture is 8 bucks online (cheaper than the dvd).

There have been loads of complaints about the Region A version of Zatoichi's picture quality. I think it's also got the same dumb deal that I found recently with Hero - the original language track in DD and the English dub getting the DTS Master treatment.

I was thinking about upgrading my DVD (got the R2 and the better R3 print) and plumped for the Region B Artificial Eye release.

Female Jungle Poster
I'm fairly certain that it was Monster, starring Charlize Theron. Possibly 3 years ago? We're not big on buying DVDs, and somehow the hubby got banned from Blockbuster. (I'm still hazy on the details of that.)

I think we might give Netflix or some such thing a go. Someday.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~