Swine Flu

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Oh no, I hope it doesn't come to Rhode Island.

Me too! I don't want Jason or Grant getting sick! They're ghost hunters!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Will I be shot on sight if I use the phrase "pig sick" in this thread?

It had to happen though - a catch-all scary virus.

Blokes can get man-flu and women obviously are only susceptible to bird flu, after all. *cough*

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The media just wants to scare us.

what... Swine flew...
Actually, what swine flew, where they flew and when they knew they flew it could be a huge story around here... We're heading for Witch Hunts.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
On the news tonight it has said that there are a few outbreaks in Wales UK, there are these newly wed's who went to Mexico on honeymoon and caught it there. Apparently they are doing well

I've survived so many of these apocolyptic pandemics that I'm starting to feel like Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I've spent most of my life being told that the IRA or the Russians were going to blow me up. They're going to have to do a lot better than 'sneezing to death' to scare me.

there's a frog in my snake oil
For what it's worth, this sounds like the first 'human to human' chimera flu we've had for a while that could turn into a pandemic.

But what's worth even more is we're all stocked with antivirals coz of bird-flu fears, so all should be cool (barring any freaky mutations - I'm looking at you Psychic Isaac ). Plus it doesn't seem to have a high kill rate (outside Mexico that is) so yeah, leave your comedy face-masks at home.

Vincent
: Want some bacon?

Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.

Vincent: Are you Jewish?

Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Vincent: Why not?

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother****er. Pigs sleep and root in sh*t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming mother****in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

The King of Movies
I love the way the media works. Every few months they come up with things to scare us about.

eg.

Terrorism.

When that got old

Bird Flew.

When that got old.

Global Warming.

When that got old.

The economy.

When that got old.

The swine flew.

You think i'm talking *****?

Ask yourself this. Have you been directly effected by any one of those things i just mentioned?

King, you forgot about Iran and North Korea.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You think i'm talking *****?

Ask yourself this. Have you been directly effected by any one of those things i just mentioned?
Nope, you're bang on.

But this is nothing new, it's just increased in intensity over the last 10-15 years.

By my reckoning, so far in my life I've 'survived':

A new Ice Age
Nuclear holocaust
Communism
AIDS pandemic
SARS and various animal/human flus, as well as many flu's "potentially as deadly as the 1919 Spanish Flu" (my personal favourite as they get to say "which killed millions worldwide." They say it with such relish.)
Global Warming
Climate Change
Overpopulation
Impending terrorist dirty bombs
Worldwide outbreaks of Ebola and similar dieases

Of course, any or all of these things still can happen. But that's the point, it can always happen, so why worry about it.

BTW, for King and anyone else who fancies a laugh, I highly recommend you start watching this.

&feature=PlayList&p=6DD223447015D017&index=0

If you like it, I'd also recommend Charlie Brookers Screenwipe, which is basically the same thing, but focused solely on tv. S1E1P1 you can find below.

&feature=related

There is some bad language throughout though. Nothing overtly offensive, but I thought I'd mention it just in case you're somewhere sensitive, like work or with your grandparents.

Registered Creature
^ That's what I'd been hoping.