What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
So this morning I woke from a dream in which an old song from my childhood was playing. I could hear it as ambient noise but could not trace its source. It comforted me as it was a very old memory, from the time when I spent summers on my grandparents' farm. They were old church folk and played this hybrid country hymn music all the time. My grandmother has been on my mind lately so I guess this memory surfaced as a result. Odd as it's been probably 35 years or more since I've heard it.

As I woke, I could still hear the harmony chorus but it was fading fast. By the time I actually got up, it was completely lost. Something triggered the memory again as I was getting dressed for work but I could not remember the exact lyrics to search for it. Nothing was coming up from what I thought I could remember. Now, it hits me. There will be peace in the valley. Seems appropriate given life lately. Really takes me back to passing out on my grandmother's couch and they putting me to bed, then waking the next morning to the smell of country bacon and the sounds of percolating coffee. Getting up on a cold Sunday morning to sit by the small cast iron gas heater in the dining room with Papa's dress socks draped over the top to get warm.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
First I loved the version above. Then this one:
I like the video and the tempo, but I'm having trouble liking her voice. She seems to be purposely trying to get it lower. Strange.