The Hall of Infamy

Tools    

I'm interested in seeing the noms but definitely not joining. Lol I want to see how bad they are.

My nomination has a 4.6 on IMDb.
I've seen 31 films that have a rating of 4.6. My personal rating for those films ranges from a 2/10 to an 8/10.

If anyone's curious, my nomination currently has a 2.1/10, and I considered two films that each had a 1.6/10, but they also had "so bad it's hilarious" vibes going so I passed on them
I don't think I have seen any of the films currently rated a 2.1.

Also, this is just a reminder that I'll reveal the nominations in two days.
TWO DAYS!!!! I can't wait that long!!! Why must you torture with me this gruelling suspense?

I'm just teasing...two days is fine.

Supposedly Howard The Duck is considered a bad film. Well I think millions of men between ages 60 to 45 will tell you it's not because of this scene . 😀

Lol I want to see how bad they are.
Without giving too much away, mine's not bad in an exploitative manner, or even a failure on a technical level.

It is, however, fundamentally flawed in its conception, and criminally boring. It's a complete waste of time, which is what I despise most in bad entertainment.

Without giving too much away, mine's not bad in an exploitative manner, or even a failure on a technical level.

It is, however, fundamentally flawed in its conception, and criminally boring. It's a complete waste of time, which is what I despise most in bad entertainment.
Same. Mine has an IMDb rating in the upper 4s. It's just so . . . bad.

Like, I have watched Jurassic Shark, which has a 1.4 on IMDb. But also, I laughed my way through a lot of it. I gleaned some pleasure and enjoyment from it. Plus it's one of those sort of "maybe we're being intentionally bad!" movies.

Ludicrously bad CGI, cringe performances---at some point these things circle around to being captivating in their own way.

If I turn on a film, by the first 10 to 15 minutes I can tell its crap, I turn it off. I can't waste my time with a terrible film.

The only film I consider terrible but is a great fun watch is The People Under The Stairs. It's so bad, it's good.

damn did y'all just randomly grab something off the imdb bottom 100? my pick has 5.1 lmao
I picked something I've heard about for a while but haven't gotten around to yet.

I've seen more than 100 movies I'd give 1 star or less, so I had a big selection. And no, my choice was not from MST3K, although I would'nt be surprised if Manos was nominated, in which case, I admit my choice has some competition.

Actually, now that I think about it, my choice is a little on the obscure side. I should've went with Reanimated from 2006, which took an excellent premise for a kid's show and ruined everything about it.

I've only seen one film all the way through that I rated a 1/10, and it's not something I'd want to subject other people to, mainly because of the nature of the content.

I'm struggling to fulfill my obligations in the Short Film Hall of Fame, and some of those are literally 6 minutes long, so I'll be watching this from the sidelines, but with much interest. Expect lots of commentary from this peanut gallery.

damn did y'all just randomly grab something off the imdb bottom 100?
First heard about mine years ago from a web series that showcases bad movies. They usually have some fun with the films because they're so awful they're entertaining, but this was one that was just bad.

I'm struggling to fulfill my obligations in the Short Film Hall of Fame, and some of those are literally 6 minutes long, so I'll be watching this from the sidelines, but with much interest. Expect lots of commentary from this peanut gallery.
Is it the quality of the short films, or some of the subject matter, or just the time needed to watch them...that's a struggle for you? Just curious