Best Picture Hall of Fame

Tools    

I've been reading the thread, but I'm on the fence about joining.

While I like the idea of this HoF, my taste doesn't usually line up with the Academy's. Out of the Best Picture winners I've seen, I could probably count on one hand the number that I really thoroughly enjoy. I didn't think the others were bad (except for maybe one or two that I actively dislike), but I don't really have any interest in seeing them again either.

I know I could be pleasantly surprised by something I haven't seen yet, but I've had a really rough week and don't know if I have the energy for a HoF right now. I was dying with an intense flu all weekend (fever, shivers, body aches so bad my skin hurt to touch, horrible cough) which I'm still not quite over, and then this week at work we had twice the product to deal with thanks to the ferry not being able to run at all last week. So we got last week's stock, plus this week's (which was of course still on time).

I've been really looking forward to just chilling without any expectations or commitments for awhile, and I don't want to fall behind right at the start. If I don't join, I might watch some of the films anyway, or at the very least comment on any that I have already seen.

...I was dying with an intense flu all weekend (fever, shivers, body aches so bad my skin hurt to touch, horrible cough) which I'm still not quite over,
Ugh! that flu sounds horrible, and you have to work too? that's tough! Hope you feel better and real soon

Ugh! that flu sounds horrible, and you have to work too? that's tough!
Luckily it was a long weekend so I had Monday off. I had to leave early on Tuesday, but I managed to stay for my full shifts since then. I considered calling in sick today to give me some time to recover after a rough few days, but I knew we had even more to do today (since we can only leave so much stuff in receiving over the weekend), and we were already short staffed. It's a good thing I didn't call in, since someone who was obviously trying to fight off an illness yesterday did call in sick. I hope he doesn't have what I do.

Hope you feel better and real soon
Thanks! I think the worst is behind me at least. I'm really looking forward to going to bed tonight, and not having to get up at 3am tomorrow. I have nowhere to be, and nothing to do, so I can stay in bed as long as I like. I don't plan to get up before the sun for once.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
sorry to hear about the flu, @CosmicRunaway, that sounded rough. We had some of that the week before New Years.
Completely understand the need to stay in bed -- ENJOY and take sweet care!!

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I'll join this one. This should be an easy one for me, too, because I am assuming all of the nominations will be easily accessible.

I work so much. I didn't plan on the job (that I only started last week) being this hard. So I think it will be good to get into this again with an easier (for lack of a better word) HoF.

I'll send my nomination in just a bit.

I'll join this one. This should be an easy one for me, too, because I am assuming all of the nominations will be easily accessible.

I work so much. I didn't plan on the job (that I only started last week) being this hard. So I think it will be good to get into this again with an easier (for lack of a better word) HoF.

Yeah!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

SILENT!!

is it ironic I'm typing that word SO loudly? lol
sorry to hear the new job sucks. That -- well, it sucks

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Vamp and Siddon have both sent noms.

At this point I would like to conclude nominations, the invite is still open for Cosmic and GBGoodies to join by Sunday!

Would like to unveil Sunday Night if at all possible.

And yeah, I still haven't thought up what I want to pick. Luckily another member took one of my possible picks as well!

Anyway I could get in on this @rauldc14

Haven’t done a HOF in a long while and this sounds like a good one

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm still deciding what to pick but I will have my nom in soon, honest!

Deciding between a blind nom and an old favourite...may come down to a coin toss.

Damn I would really like to join this because I haven't seen that many best picture winners but am probably to busy at the moment to commit, although I'll be following this closely.

If Donnie joins is he going to finish? He dropped out of the last Hof he was in, my Film Noir Part 2. He said he didn't have time to finish, but he was still posting on a daily basis here.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I'm good with it if everyone else is.
Yeah, I would be OK with it.

Deciding between a blind nom and an old favourite...may come down to a coin toss.
Mine is actually a half blind nomination (more like a 1/4 nomination, actually). I started to watch it but I couldn't finish it because the DVD was so bad. I returned it to the library and told them about it. They ended up putting it back on the shelf. I think they have 2 copies at this particular library. I hope I get the one that isn't damaged this time! Otherwise I will have to not be so lazy and just go to a different library to pick it up.

Anyway, I know a few people have seen this (yeah, I was checking out people's lists ), but I only know the opinion of one person. So we shall soon find out what the rest of you guys thought who have seen it.

I know the story - I know what happens (I won't say why just yet). But I really want to watch the movie and this gives me a push to do so (and there still are the members who haven't seen it, too). I just decided that this should be what I nominate.

If Donnie joins is he going to finish? He dropped out of the last Hof he was in, my Film Noir Part 2. He said he didn't have time to finish, but he was still posting on a daily basis here.
I'll finish this one, and rewatch those I've seen, have more time for movies now and don't mind paying to rent them through services like amazon. I believe the film noir HOF was finishing around finals while this time I should have time to watch all the films before my classes even start

Yeah, I would be OK with it.

Mine is actually a half blind nomination (more like a 1/4 nomination, actually). I started to watch it but I couldn't finish it because the DVD was so bad...

Anyway, I know a few people have seen this (yeah, I was checking out people's lists ), but I only know the opinion of one person. So we shall soon find out what the rest of you guys thought who have seen it.
Have I seen it?

I think blind nominations in this Hof are OK. I went with one that I had seen, but I could see going with a Best Picture winner that I hadn't seen. I do hope I get to see some movies I've never seen.