The Next thing For Peter Jackson

Tools    

BANNED
Well to start iwas checking out a site the other day on movies and it said it had the next movie after lord of the rings.Well i thought there was only 3 in the series so checked it out and boom it came up a trailer for the hobbit. The movie looks very well done and actionis in ther as well. i cant wait. It looks like there going to have 2 charecters from the previous movies in it

It was beauty killed the beast.
You may want to think about getting a new news source. Peter Jackson's next project is the remake of King Kong

The only trailer Kong could find for The Hobbit was for the upcoming videogame. Kong looked for other information, but could only find various petitions by fanboy groups for the movie to be made (apparently the animated film wasn't good enough for them).

BANNED
Hahaha i found info on the hobbit movie and i even have the link so top it if you have and explination it has dates and every thing

BANNED
Originally Posted by TheOne
Hahaha i found info on the hobbit movie and i even have the link so top it if you have and explination it has dates and every thing
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/h/hobbitthe.shtm

Did you even read the entire webpage that you linked?
Kong has gone ahead and pasted it here for you, and he was also kind enough to embolden and enlarge the most crucial part of it.

The Hobbit The Hobbit Expected Release Date U.S. : (Subject to change) 2004
Expected Release Date U.K. : (subject to change)
Expected Rental Release Date : (subject to change)
The Hobbit Cast :
Director :
The Hobbit Written By :
Producers :
Other Known Crew Members :
The Hobbit Based On : The novel by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Premise/Synopsis : Bilbo Baggins is tapped by the wizard Gandalf for a grand adventure. Before he knows what's happening, thirteen dwarves had arrived and they're off to liberate dwarven treasure from the clutches of the dragon Smaug.
Genre : Fantasy/Adventure
The Hobbit Official Site :
Fan Sites :
The Hobbit Trailer :
Released By :
The Hobbit Status : RumouredHow excited are we about The Hobbit XX Out Of 10
Our Preview Opinion of The Hobbit:"

BANNED
Originally Posted by Kong
Did you even read the entire webpage that you linked?
Kong has gone ahead and pasted it here for you, and he was also kind enough to embolden and enlarge the most crucial part of it.

The Hobbit The Hobbit Expected Release Date U.S. : (Subject to change) 2004
Expected Release Date U.K. : (subject to change)
Expected Rental Release Date : (subject to change)
The Hobbit Cast :
Director :
The Hobbit Written By :
Producers :
Other Known Crew Members :
The Hobbit Based On : The novel by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Premise/Synopsis : Bilbo Baggins is tapped by the wizard Gandalf for a grand adventure. Before he knows what's happening, thirteen dwarves had arrived and they're off to liberate dwarven treasure from the clutches of the dragon Smaug.
Genre : Fantasy/Adventure
The Hobbit Official Site :
Fan Sites :
The Hobbit Trailer :
Released By :
The Hobbit Status : RumouredHow excited are we about The Hobbit XX Out Of 10
Our Preview Opinion of The Hobbit:"

You just hate me dont you lol o well next time ill read a little bit before i open my pie hole

[Kong pats you gently on the head]
There, there little "One"...
Kong loves you.

Hi
I bet Kong is pretty excited about Jackson's next project.
I also bet someone has commented on this several times before me.

Do you know my poetry?
I also saw a teaser trailer for "The Hobbit", I downloaded it off kazaa, it is directed by Peter Jackson and will be released December 2006.It looks like a very good action movie.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I also saw a teaser trailer for "The Hobbit", I downloaded it off kazaa, it is directed by Peter Jackson and will be released December 2006.It looks like a very good action movie.
seems to me, I rememeber an interview with Jackson and he stated "if" there was to be a remake of THE HOBBIT, he would not be doing it. Something about he felt he had done the series justice and there was nothing more he felt he could do....

I could be mistaken....

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by FiLm Fr3aK
seems to me, I rememeber an interview with Jackson and he stated "if" there was to be a remake of THE HOBBIT, he would not be doing it. Something about he felt he had done the series justice and there was nothing more he felt he could do....

I could be mistaken....
I'm just saying what I saw on the trailer, it was a The Hobbit trailer and it said "Directed by Peter Jackson", so I dont know but thats what it said

I'd like to see The Hobbit but it is a different type of movie than LOTR.

The Hobbit is less epic, less deep, and less violent. I can only see it being truly successful as a movie for the 10-13 year old set. Not counting the fans who'll see it just because it is a LOTR prequel.

If I could tell PJ to do anything I'd tell him to do a Dragonlance Trilogy.

Kong searched for the trailer on the internet...couldn't find it.

Kong searched for the trailer on Kazaa...couldn't find it.

Kong did find, however, this little bit of news on IMDb.com:

Jackson: "I Won't Make 'The Hobbit'"
Lord Of The Rings director Peter Jackson has rubbished claims he plans to follow up the fantasy trilogy by making a movie of the JRR Tolkien novel The Hobbit. After finishing work on the third film in the series Return Of The King, next year many expected Jackson to turn to The Hobbit and make a prequel. But the New Zealander insists he has no plans to return to Middle Earth when the trilogy is completed. Jackson says, "If I didn't make it, someone else would and I could just pay 12 dollars and go to the cinema to watch it. I wouldn't have to do all the hard work."

Here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/WN?20021210#5

The reason you couldn't find it on Kaaza is it's not listed as the Hobbit. It's listed as a Return of the King trailer.
It's a fan film. I downloaded it from Kaaza and was intrigued by it and googled a few sites I have listed below that give more information.

http://www.lathamfilm.com/hobbit.html
This is the fan who made the film that is traveling Kaaza.

http://dave.everydaylies.com/archives/002254.html

Another link about the possible film. I am adding text that I think is very pertinent to the possible making of the Hobbit that no one else has brought up.
"Then there's the problem of the rights to "The Hobbit." Sony owns the North American distribution rights, and other companies have pieces too. There are serious legal battles to be fought before anyone can even *begin* to make the film, and, basing how they battled it out for Spiderman, Sony would be more likely than New Line to put out The Hobbit."
Posted by: BlaznRob on September 2, 2003 01:11 AM

One last link, this has a petition for New Line to make the film and some quotes by Peter Jackson and Ian Mckellen about the film.
http://derhobbit-film.de/indexengl.shtml

Just some things to think about. It's not just how much money a movie can make, it's who owns the rights. There is an animated version of the Hobbit out there and it's alright. It's my favorite of the three animated LOTR movies.

Originally Posted by Kong
Kong searched for the trailer on the internet...couldn't find it.

Kong searched for the trailer on Kazaa...couldn't find it.

Kong did find, however, this little bit of news on IMDb.com:

Jackson: "I Won't Make 'The Hobbit'"
Lord Of The Rings director Peter Jackson has rubbished claims he plans to follow up the fantasy trilogy by making a movie of the JRR Tolkien novel The Hobbit. After finishing work on the third film in the series Return Of The King, next year many expected Jackson to turn to The Hobbit and make a prequel. But the New Zealander insists he has no plans to return to Middle Earth when the trilogy is completed. Jackson says, "If I didn't make it, someone else would and I could just pay 12 dollars and go to the cinema to watch it. I wouldn't have to do all the hard work."

Here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/WN?20021210#5

well this is quite curious indeed, i wonder, whose right about this? is there going to be a hobbit movie? lots of evidence of yes and no. Fans can only hope i guess.

I think that, since The Hobbit book was intended as a children's book, they should make it like Labrynth, I just watched it the other day and I was thinking how awesome The Hobbit would be done like this.

Originaly posted on http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0077687/board/nest/1844493
by RichUncleSkeleton

I'm sorry to inform you that the Hobbit trailer that is floating around is a fake. It's actually a combination of The Lord of the Rings and the movie Dragonslayer(1983 ?), which is actually pretty good. They did a good job but it's not the real deal. If Peter Jackson dosen't want to make the movie I bet another director will take the reigns. There's too much money to be had.

The trailer that was made for the hobbit was created by Steve Latham

You can contact him at [email protected]

After watching the trailer which has splices from The Fellowship of the Ring and some cheap dragon movie it flashes his name and email address.

I would contact him if you want to see his bogus trailer.

Jurri

Procrastinator who can't wait.
This is the most retarded thred I have ever seen.