Anyone interested in a musical hall of fame?

Tools    

As the titel says, who is interested? This does not mean you offically agree to be part of it, nor that there for sure will be one.

Thursday Next mentioned the idea, and I think it would be great fun, but I am not sure how many musical fans there here on MoFo.

Jiraffe actually started one but it never finished. I'd be done for another one.
He sort of did. But I think Mystique is asking about Musicals, as in movies.

As the titel says, who is interested? This does not mean you offically agree to be part of it, nor that there for sure will be one.

Thursday Next mentioned the idea, and I think it would be great fun, but I am not sure how many musical fans there here on MoFo.
I will do a musical HoF! I've been waiting for one. It was my understanding that there would be one sometime in the future. I hope so

Master of My Domain
Good idea for a HoF. The non-controversial, upbeat, and fun atmosphere musicals would be perfect for peaceful discussion with MoFos. Some of the recent musicals I watched (ex. Cabaret) were great and I would be interested in getting to know them better.

Only thing I would like is for this to happen later on. There's too many Hall of Fames going around at the moment and I'm already exhausted from the all the writing and watching I have to do. But I think that's something to discuss later. Conclusion: I'm in.

Good idea for a HoF. The non-controversial, upbeat, and fun atmosphere musicals would be perfect for peaceful discussion with MoFos. Some of the recent musicals I watched (ex. Cabaret) were great and I would be interested in getting to know them better.

Only thing I would like is for this to happen later on. There's too many Hall of Fames going around at the moment and I'm already exhausted from the all the writing and watching I have to do. But I think that's something to discuss later. Conclusion: I'm in.
Yup, I agree it will probably have to wait a bit, but it's nice to know that there are people who want to join in.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Good idea for a HoF. The non-controversial, upbeat, and fun atmosphere musicals would be perfect for peaceful discussion with MoFos.
I hope somebody nominates something controversial and downbeat

I agree that it shouldn't start right away, though, I've got enough films to watch for the 6th hall of fame right now to be able to give musicals my full attention.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
He sort of did. But I think Mystique is asking about Musicals, as in movies.
Oh, duh.

I'm all in for a musical HoF but these things also should be scheduled. Which is why I started this thread. http://www.movieforums.com/community...ht=General+HoF

Just so that everyone knows what everyone else is doing and no toes get stepped on. B- Creature Features has been next on the agenda, but musicals should be able to go next.

After that then we will do documentaries as a lot of people have been on hold for that one.

I hope somebody nominates something controversial and downbeat
How about Marlon Brando singing and dancing....is that controversial enough Or there's one where Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin Sing

How about Marlon Brando singing and dancing....is that controversial enough Or there's one where Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin Sing
Marlon Brando has a nice voice. Eastwood's isn't terrible like most have made it out to be but it isn't great, it's average. Marvin's was mediocre though.

That was just my attempt at humor I LOVE Guys and Dolls, great film. Marlon does a pretty good song too. Of course nobody sings like Sinatra, his co-star.

I LOVE Paint Your Wagon, too. I don't really think of it as a musical, the songs are fun and more of a type that miners would sing (Marvin and Eastwood are miners in the old west).

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm really looking forward to this as Cabaret, The Wizard of Oz and Singin' In The Rain were all nominated for a standard and none made the top five even. That proves to me a special HoF for musicals is necesarry. More than one eventually, because there are the classics and also newer musicals like Once. Lots of crazy good stuff to choose from.

I like Guys and Dolls a lot.

I just found Paint Your Wagon to be stupid, overlong and kind of pompous

Not trying to change your mind FM, but I think of Paint Your Wagon as more of a comedy Western with some folksy songs included. Long yes, pompous I didn't find that way. A lot of people don't like it.

Shirely MacLaine was in several really good musicals. Sweet Charity was good fun with great dance numbers as it was directed by Bob Fosse.