Rauldc14's 2nd Top 100

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Wonderful Life is a tradition at my house and always enjoy watching sin city and Sansho sounds VERY promising
Yup. You really have to give Sansho a watch. I think it would be lower for me with more repeat viewings.

100. The Lucky Ones
Haven't seen it.
99. National Treasure
Garbage. And I say that as someone who likes Nicolas Cage.
98. The Cider House Rules
I need to watch this. I need to watch more Michael Caine, period.
97. The General
I was really impressed with the stunts and liked the movie for that aspect of it, but overall didn't find it that entertaining.
96. Sin City
I hate this movie. I hate everything about this movie. I hated the performances, I hated the plot, I hated the stylized imagery.
95. Red Eye
I don't think I've seen this one, but my best friend loves Cillian Murphy so it's possible I may have seen it and forgotten it.
94. It's a Wonderful Life
Pure sap. Didn't hate it but didn't like it either.
93. Sansho the Bailiff
Haven't seen it.

Sancho is a very slow movie but very powerful. I think that Ugetsu is superior by being shorter while being even more powerful, though I have heard some people say that Sancho is the greatest work of art of the 20th century. So yes, it can be a really powerful experience.

92. Click

I'm absolutely prepared for the hoard of negative comments of including this film in my top 100, just as I was the last time. Although last time, it was somewhere in the high 50's, this time I've got it in the 90's. It's a film that does well for me because of its repeatability factor and it really sends a Capra-esque message to me (ala It's a Wonderful Life), and it does well to blend comedy with some real life thoughtfulness (like Ben's wedding scene). Not to mention I actually don't mind Sandler in some roles (the stuff he's done since this film has been pretty much garbage though mind you). All in all it's a fun film for me, and I'll take the beating for liking it as so.

91. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

This is where the western all started, in my opinion (ok, there's one other place where I think it started, that I'll get to later in my countdown thread). One of the biggest reasons that I enjoy this film should come as no surprise since I am a huge Eastwood fan. The score, the pace of the film, and the acting are all above par in my opinion. And of course one of the more epic endings to any film that I have ever watched thus far. It set the pace for future Eastwood movies and really gave a jumpstart to the genre.

90. 12 Angry Men

The premise is simple. 12 jurors are in a room debating whether or not an 18 year old kid is guilty of stabbing his father to death. It starts with one juror (Henry Fonda) believing that the boy is not guilty, and even that is due to the fact that he just believes there needs to be some discussion on the subject matter. Without delving into too much of the details, we are put into the literal scene of the discussion, where the whole film takes place in the same exact room. And for a film to be that powerful and suspenseful by only taking place in one setting truly tells you that a lot of credit needs to be given to Sidney Lumet. Aside from Henry Fonda, whom is juror number 8 and is my favorite by default, I also enjoyed the performances from juror 5 (Jack Klugman) and juror 10 (Ed Begley), though literally all of them did an outstanding job. An absolute home run of a film from Lumet.

89. Man of Steel

Finally! A victory from the Superman franchise. Really the only film that I have enjoyed from this year would be this one, and it is one that I am really looking forward to having in my DVD collection. First and foremost, the cast is outstanding, namely Russell Crowe, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams (yes, becoming a bigger fan of her day by day, film by film). The three of them were the main reason that I thought that I would enjoy the film in the first place. The action and the cinematography of the film are also top notch, there's many scenes that are just absolutely astonishing in my opinion. Couple this with the fact that I indeed have become quite a bit fan of superhero films, this is a film that I couldn't not include in my top 100.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
major reps for Good, Bad & Ugly and 12 Angry Men. Really great, memorable films that have had a lot of impact on their genres.
I think I've only skimmed over Click and I have yet to see Man of Steel (bit of on the fence on that one) I've heard very strong opinions going either way from folks here so only time will tell if I do or don't

Intriguing list so far

Click I remember finding it decent at best, I believe gave it a
, maybe it deserves higher because the scene where his dad comes into his office or sow thing like that truly did have an effect on me. I remember that more than any of the comedy. 12 Angry Men is an azming film with a great script,

Shocked to see Man Of Steel, haven't seen it, but I agree 2013 is weak as hell so far. Haven't seen The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly either.

Click is really underrated, and is probably a top 40 film for me, and 12 Angry Men is great, obviously. I didn't care for Man of Steel, though.
Wow. Honestly thought I was the only one that was a Click fan. Very surprised.

Click I remember finding it decent at best, I believe gave it a
, maybe it deserves higher because the scene where his dad comes into his office or sow thing like that truly did have an effect on me. I remember that more than any of the comedy. 12 Angry Men is an azming film with a great script,

Shocked to see Man Of Steel, haven't seen it, but I agree 2013 is weak as hell so far. Haven't seen The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly either.
Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about that scene. That is one of the more heartbreaking scenes that I've seen. See to me, Click is a comedy with a heart because of it's thoughtfulness, farting at David Hasselhoff aside.

Click is honestly one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. That scene made me feel more emotional than almost any movie I've ever seen.

I can't believe there are more Click fans. That's not a good film. I mean, for Adam Sandler it is, but it's not actually a good film.

12 Angry Men, though.