Is Rocky the best boxing film ???

Tools    

Raging Bull followed closely by undisputed starring wesley snipes. and any van dam kick boxing movie

I am not so sure, i love the Rocky collection, all five of them, especially numbers 1 3 and 5, but is it really the best boxing film that has been made.

I think that price of Glory was probably better, and certainly Raging Bull has to be up there strongly contesting it aswell. Also does ALI - the Will Smith version, the documentary style drama film of that was good too - when we were kings. I think somebody up there likes me is also a great film, the life story of Rocky Graziano. And not too forget - THE GREAT WHITE HOPE.

I dont think Cinderlla Man matches up and i dont like Million Dollar baby so it can not match up in my eyes.

So after review, i dont think the Rocky films are the best boxing films ever made, they are very good and i love watching them, but if there is anybody out there that wants to watch a good boxing film in my eyes, these are above Rocky:

Raging Bull,
Somebody Up there Likes Me,
Price of Glory
then the rocky' films, and then the rest of the films i listsed, there are hundreds more if you want to see more just type in on google, "boxing films" and take your pick .
I am not so sure, i love the Rocky collection, all five of them, especially numbers 1 3 and 5, but is it really the best boxing film that has been made.

I think that price of Glory was probably better, and certainly Raging Bull has to be up there strongly contesting it aswell. Also does ALI - the Will Smith version, the documentary style drama film of that was good too - when we were kings. I think somebody up there likes me is also a great film, the life story of Rocky Graziano. And not too forget - THE GREAT WHITE HOPE.

I dont think Cinderlla Man matches up and i dont like Million Dollar baby so it can not match up in my eyes.

So after review, i dont think the Rocky films are the best boxing films ever made, they are very good and i love watching them, but if there is anybody out there that wants to watch a good boxing film in my eyes, these are above Rocky:

Raging Bull,
Somebody Up there Likes Me,
Price of Glory
then the rocky' films, and then the rest of the films i listsed, there are hundreds more if you want to see more just type in on google, "boxing films" and take your pick .
Raging Bull is without peer and besides the movies allready mentioned I would add Champion and Body And Soul

I think Rocky is great, inspirational film. I own Rocky boxset and I am going to get Rocky Balboa soon. I watched them as a kid and they're close to my heart, i think the first Rocky is one of the best films (not only boxing movies but also dramas)

But as I hate to admit it I think 'Million Dollar Baby' is better. It's amazing film and it's absolutely top class.
I like Raging Bull and although I adore Scorsese I don't rate this film as high as Million Dollar Baby or Rocky 1.

Someone else mention Ali. Again, I love Michael Mann, but the way fighting scenes are directed is just wrong. I don't like it at all.

I think Rocky is great, inspirational film. I own Rocky boxset and I am going to get Rocky Balboa soon. I watched them as a kid and they're close to my heart, i think the first Rocky is one of the best films (not only boxing movies but also dramas)

But as I hate to admit it I think 'Million Dollar Baby' is better. It's amazing film and it's absolutely top class.
I like Raging Bull and although I adore Scorsese I don't rate this film as high as Million Dollar Baby or Rocky 1.

Someone else mention Ali. Again, I love Michael Mann, but the way fighting scenes are directed is just wrong. I don't like it at all.
I concur about Ali. Having seen all of the real Ali's fights and being quite familiar about him I also found it hard to watch Will Smith as Ali. I thought he was miscast.

I dont want to start a row, but I dont think the Rocky films deserve that much accolade. They are just typical 20th century action films. Stuff like raging bull deserves to be classed as better than Rocky.

I must admit that I have not seen most of the listed boxing films featured in this thread.
However, I really like Rocky I.
I can't count how many times I have watched it.
That was a big film.
The only film I think I have seen more than Rocky I is, Zulu.

When I think about a boxing film, the first thing that enters my mind is Rocky.

For me, CINDERALLA MAN is the best boxing film. Russel Crowe has great performance on that film...

.....doesn't know what to put here!
i'm not a massive fan of the first Rocky, i think Rocky II's the best out of the collection, but apart from the Rocky collection, i havn't seen any other boxing film

Movie Forums Critic
For me it is Cinderella man...I love the fight scene and plot of the story is very great

Raging Bull is obviously the best but Crying Fist is the only boxing film I've seen where you didn't want either guy to lose plus it has the great Choi Min Sik.

Have to agree with you Tac on TwentyFour Seven, and I hear Shane's starting on the script for King of The Gypsies
&eurl

The People's Republic of Clogher

Have to agree with you Tac on TwentyFour Seven, and I hear Shane's starting on the script for King of The Gypsies
&eurl

And about time too.

Is Rocky the BEST Boxing Film? Um...No. But I think the first one is
very good and the others that follow are entertaining, but none of them IMO can be considered the BEST BOXING FILM. I will say that Rocky 1 and 2 are good enough to make me watch them everytime they're on television. I'd have to say "Raging Bull" and "Cinderella Man" would be in contension, but I haven't seen enough boxing movies to make a stand on one movie as the best.

I agree with most. Raging Bull is the easy winner - in my mind.

But I really liked the first two Rocky films. After that, I just can't watch them. But I might watch the latest movie.

We Were Kings was a great movie too.

http://truemoviereview.com/top-10s/t...is-summer-2008

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Gentleman Jim, City For Conquest, Champion, The Set-Up, Somebody Up There Likes Me, The Harder They Fall, The Great White Hope, Fat City, Cinderella Man; those are all worth watching too. I'll let you slug it out between Rocky and Raging Bull though. If you want, I can start a poll, but this is probably the wrong place. Which boxing movie do you THINK Mr Eff likes the most?

im not totally sure which one it is, maybe rocky four (IV) but the one when he fights the russian is a awesome one, and of course the first is a classic