Who's Smarter: Men? Women?

Tools    

Does it matter who is smarter?Why is there always the war on the battle of sexium?Anyway man have there strong side and weakside and woman (Which I might add got there name from man see wo man!)Has there strong and weak sides!
Why in this world does everything has to be equal?Woman can be what ever and so can man but woman can not ever be prist so why is everyone saying that it is unfair and wants everything equal?
Anyway I think that both man and woman are the same and they have there right and wrong things about them.
Man strongest point is a sence of direction why the worst point is not geting upset and also not maturing as fast as woman does!
Woman's strong point is to be able to feel and care for kids and feelings and maturing as fast as man.
While the weak point is not directions or leadership or pulling a famly together.
Well this is to me anyway and I grow up with out knowing the meaning of marriage since my mom and dad never married.See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Django? Is that you?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Erm, what's the priest thing got to do with it? That's not a biological difference (and some of your other definitions are...curious. I agree with you that there are areas where men and women are different, and in these areas to insist on "equality" can be silly - but equally there are a multitude of areas where we're identical, and social spheres should recognise our "equality", tho they often still don't. The priest thing for example ).

In theory this thread is about intelligence etc, but as Kong said, there's no real measure for that (and i don't believe either sex is "smarter" overall to be honest). Maybe we can turn it into a guess-the-other's-sex thread - i'm guessing you're male.

Originally Posted by Golgot
Erm, what's the priest thing got to do with it? That's not a biological difference (and some of your other definitions are...curious. I agree with you that there are areas where men and women are different, and in these areas to insist on "equality" can be silly - but equally there are a multitude of areas where we're identical, and social spheres should recognise our "equality", tho they often still don't. The priest thing for example ).

In theory this thread is about intelligence etc, but as Kong said, there's no real measure for that (and i don't believe either sex is "smarter" to be honest). Maybe we can turn it into a guess-the-other's-sex thread - i'm guessing you're male.
Nope I am a girl!That is why I have ie at the end of my username because I am a girl full name is Jacklin!I hate it!Anyway the reason I said prist is because people are complaining about why woman can't be prist and I thought I would add it!
Anywho yes I do see your point through thanks for sharing that with me!
See you around hey anytime yu want to chat come pm me ok!JM

Transexuals are smarter than everybody? What?

Originally Posted by Yoda
I think Django's far smarter than either.
Heheheh. You really are obsessed. And now you've just added "species-ism" to the list of future-repetitive-rants

EDIT: Oh and Jackie, (doh, should've looked at your name ) , don't hide behind your PM, come tell us why you think women shouldn't be priests then, as you seem to have no problem with that.

EXTRA-EDIT: Yes Sunny, transexuals get an extra brain implanted when they change (if you're talking about the link b4, it's just a discussion of physical differences between male and female brains and what the repurcussions might be)

In the Bible it says Eve ate the apple then gave it to Adam. So, if someone told you, don't eat my apples and the first thing you did was eat His apples and get kicked out of Eden that's pretty dumb. They had it made. What the heck? How dumb is that? This proves that women are dumb, don't listen, are good at climbing trees, and that reverse psychology works on them. Also, that they prepare the food for men. Lol.

Originally Posted by sunfrog
In the Bible it says Eve ate the apple then gave it to Adam. So, if someone told you, don't eat my apples and the first thing you did was eat His apples and get kicked out of Eden that's pretty dumb. They had it made. What the heck? How dumb is that? This proves that women are dumb, don't listen, are good at climbing trees, and that reverse psychology works on them. Also, that they prepare the food for men. Lol.

If all that is true, all it really proves is that Adam was falling down on his job or she wouldn’t have felt the need to bite down on an apple in the first place…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Ohhhh, you're in a for a ribbing now (i always thought eating the apple shows the inquisitiveness that characterises humans - and as many bible-belittlers say, if god built us this way, he knew we were going to eat it anyway. Women are quick off the mark, men are lazy, hooray )

he knew we were going to eat it anyway.
Ah, interesting. How could He know unless the future is already set? And if it is set, what about the whole Job test? Why test Job if Job's destiny was set?

Originally Posted by sunfrog
Ah, interesting. How could He know unless the future is already set? And if it is set, what about the whole Job test? Why test Job if Job's destiny was set?
He was just testing what Job would do without his wife while wondering the wilderness covered in flakey skin

Erm, don't want to get into this here Sun, but my opinion is that if everything is prescribed, we can still "carry ourselves" in various ways throughout it. Personally i prefer the multiple-dimensions theory anyway, if we're going to talk about uncheckables

Evolution in Progress...
Originally Posted by n7of9
i think its is absurd that anyone could entertain the idea that biology has anything to do with intelligence

education, life experience, understanding, knowledge... these things (amongst others) make one smart, not the placement of your pink bits

Absolutely Incredibley the best answer I have ever seen for this question!!!!!!!!!!! n7of9 you are now officially right up there on my top 5 favorite posters....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

[quote=Golgot]Heheheh. You really are obsessed. And now you've just added "species-ism" to the list of future-repetitive-rants

EDIT: Oh and Jackie, (doh, should've looked at your name ) , don't hide behind your PM, come tell us why you think women shouldn't be priests then, as you seem to have no problem with that.

When did I say I had promblems with woman being a prist?I did not say that in fact if you read my topic about it you will find I did not say weather I liked it or not!If you want to read about the whole prist thing go read my topic and you will find I said nothering about it!
Plus I am hiding no where I love being in middle of debates and such I don't hid nor do I step aside during it if you were at my other sites I go too they will tell you that I never hid I am in middle of it most of the time!
Anyway the bottom line is don't say something that you have no idea what you are talking about because what yu said is not true!Come to my one thread about should woman become prist and yu can say your says there if you want.Ok?Cool see you around1JM I have promblems with no body!

Men.....women....men....gerbils.

women are smarter.....men don't care.

[quote=Jackie Malfoy]
Originally Posted by Golgot

When did I say I had promblems with woman being a prist?I did not say that in fact if you read my topic about it you will find I did not say weather I liked it or not!If you want to read about the whole prist thing go read my topic and you will find I said nothering about it!
Ok, my bad, to use a Buffyism. Basically, it's the way you said what's-the-big-deal about inequality, and seemed to use the priest thing as an example of inequality being ok/normal etc, made me think you didn't have a problem with it.

On the other stuff, just being playful, no need to get your back up

Originally Posted by DrenaiWarrior

Absolutely Incredibley the best answer I have ever seen for this question!!!!!!!!!!! n7of9 you are now officially right up there on my top 5 favorite posters....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me doubts me doubts that nurture is all it's about. Our biology plays a big role in how/who we are. Nurture is definitely massive too, and can possibly even effect biology over many generations too, but female and male biologies are different in some ways, that much you must accept is true.

Personally, i have no idea to what extent people might differ in practice, but to run away from the possibility that there might be biologically-based male/female thought-differences seems silly. Male mammals have a larger hypothalamus it seems. What effect this has no-one knows. But it's intriguing. (EDIT: please note i'm not suggesting any superiority thing here. Just difference. There's enough mine's-bigger-n-yours stuff goes on here already )

No one likes admitting that their personality could be preordained in some ways by their personal biology, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest this is true. EDIT: Just remembered, as an example, that it's been discovered recently that some people have worse short-term-memories than others, and that this is almost certainly genetically-ordained (and look, i find a lot of the stuff i've read about biological determinism freaky, especially some of the genetic stuff and how they want to use this "knowledge", but it's not going to go away. And as much as i don't want to see some euthanasia day arrive, or people gene-splicing their kids in the hope of grade-As, you might as well face the "facts" as they stand. There's a lot of different tunes being played in our mental band-stands)