A Clockwork Orange - wow....

→ in
Tools    

So, I just finished watching Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.

Wow.....

Holy mother of all that is good thats one fine film..

The way he used music not just as background, but as part of the story and to create another layer to the charecter...wow....I mean damn...

This is one of my must see films now. I'm now an offical Kebrick fan.

I do have a question to anyone out there with experience filiming or at least with camea angles..or mabey just who knows a bit about Kubricks work. actually two questions, but I'll try to pose them both as one.

While I was watching, I became aware of certain camera angles that I had seen used before in another Kubrick movie I've watched "Full Metal Jacket". Though I dont know how best to describe it, I remember it used in FMJ in the intro sceen while Gunny Sargent was railing all the new recruits..the camera would snap from face to face very quickly in tight close up. So that you would see the speaker in tight and then very quickly snap to the other as he spoke. I know this sounds normal to the avarage movie, but somehow Kubrick does it differently?? Or is it just me....lol. Also I noticed during Clockwork Orange a interesting camara angle used that I wondered again if Kubrick was being original with. The first time we are introduced to the man/wife in the country house, the camara...slides straight across the floor from the man at the desk to the wife at the rather funky chair reading..I cant think of any other movie I've seen this kind of camara play with. Again though I'm not an expert, just very curious about a director I think is amazing.

Anyway. I read on this board a very comendable bio of Kubricks work. I wish now that I had taken the time to write down the name of the person who had done all the hard work (and all the typing! lol) Thank you for introducing me whoever you were though. Next two films I tackle will be "" and "How I fell in love with the bomb".

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Jeava

Wow.....

The way he used music not just as background, but as part of the story and to create another layer to the charecter...wow....I mean damn...

I do have a question to anyone out there with experience filiming or at least with camea angles..or mabey just who knows a bit about Kubricks work. actually two questions, but I'll try to pose them both as one.

While I was watching, I became aware of certain camera angles that I had seen used before in another Kubrick movie I've watched "Full Metal Jacket". Though I dont know how best to describe it, I remember it used in FMJ in the intro sceen while Gunny Sargent was railing all the new recruits..the camera would snap from face to face very quickly in tight close up. So that you would see the speaker in tight and then very quickly snap to the other as he spoke. I know this sounds normal to the avarage movie, but somehow Kubrick does it differently?? Or is it just me....lol. Also I noticed during Clockwork Orange a interesting camara angle used that I wondered again if Kubrick was being original with. The first time we are introduced to the man/wife in the country house, the camara...slides straight across the floor from the man at the desk to the wife at the rather funky chair reading..I cant think of any other movie I've seen this kind of camara play with. Again though I'm not an expert, just very curious about a director I think is amazing.

Anyway. I read on this board a very comendable bio of Kubricks work. I wish now that I had taken the time to write down the name of the person who had done all the hard work (and all the typing! lol) Thank you for introducing me whoever you were though.
Hey Jeava, I don't much about filming techniques, I a film watcher, not a film maker.

I'm just surprised by the lack of response to your post

Next two films I tackle will be "" and "How I fell in love with the bomb".
"" is one of Kubrick's greatest films, , but Dr. Strangelove is one of my all time favorites.

Originally Posted by Jeava

Wow.....

i totally disagree with you, i thought that this was one of the most horrible films i have seen in ages.
cazz
x

Originally Posted by Loner
I'm just surprised by the lack of response to your post
I'm not. The people on the forum that post in threads other than the Matrix and all the repetitive list threads, use the search option. It shows that there are multiple Clockwork Orange threads already in existence which have quite a few responses, some rather lengthy and in depth. There are at least 20 people here who keep making new threads when there are already threads, some 2 years old, about the same exact thing. I swear, if I see another, "Matrix is good, goodest of all times" thread....I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT!!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by cazz
i totally disagree with you, i thought that this was one of the most horrible films i have seen in ages.
cazz
x
Is there a reason? Or do you simply not like it? Can you back up your reply? I'm interested to know why anyone would say this is one of the most horrible films.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Is there a reason? Or do you simply not like it? Can you back up your reply? I'm interested to know why anyone would say this is one of the most horrible films.
i dont like it because, (i no its not real) but i dnt like the way that alex and his mates treat the women in the film and how they rape them.
sorry im a bit strange.
i do however like other Stanley Kubrick films like the full metal jacket, i think that is a brilliant film.
cazz
x

Originally Posted by cazz
i dont like it because, (i no its not real) but i dnt like the way that alex and his mates treat the women in the film and how they rape them.
sorry im a bit strange.
i do however like other Stanley Kubrick films like the full metal jacket, i think that is a brilliant film.
cazz
x
Okay, fair enough. Just Wondering. But, you know there is a message behind it.....

Dr. Strangelove is my favorite Kubrick movie.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I swear, if I see another, "Matrix is good, goodest of all times" thread....I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT!!!!
Thanks for making me laugh!

"" is one of Kubrick's greatest films, ,
This was of course 2001, but I somehow must have missed the numbers...lol

I'm not. The people on the forum that post in threads other than the Matrix and all the repetitive list threads, use the search option. It shows that there are multiple Clockwork Orange threads already in existence which have quite a few responses, some rather lengthy and in depth. There are at least 20 people here who keep making new threads when there are already threads, some 2 years old, about the same exact thing. I swear, if I see another, "Matrix is good, goodest of all times" thread....I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT!!!!
I actually tried that approch with A Clockwork Orange..thus the finding of the biogrophy of Stanley Kubrick. (see my original post) As to the Matrix comment../agree totally.

I'm still interested in knowing about those camara angles though.

Evolution in Progress...
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Love it Slay....I think i might have done that the first week or so on the site once or twice so I am sorry...but I am soooo disapointed that nobody responded to the last thread I made but one person (Its in the general catagory called Just Because its Hilarious or something like that But I would agree with the Matrix thing....way to many nasty little I love the matrix things popping up...and if you didnt think the matrix was all that special like me then you doubly despise them!

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

STANLEY KUBRICK FILMOGRAPHY

01. Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
02. Dr. Strangelove OR: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
03. The Shining (1980)
04. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
05. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
06. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
07. Spartacus (1960)

Just for the record, I mean.

A novel adaptation.
Yikes. Shpartacush makes the list?

Or wait, no, I get it.